Where to buy Cod and Chips in Bangkok?

steffi

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

My wife, then girlfriend absolutely loved the Cod and Chips she tasted when I took her to Ramsgate/Broadstairs in the UK.

Can Cod and Chips of a similar quality be found in Bangkok anywhere?

I suggest you try Bobby's Arms in the carpark bldg. in Patpong 2. The cod was fresh and tasty and had decent chips. Nice pub atmosphere. But, what do i know being from California. wink.gif" border="0

--- the Pale Rider

The cod and chips at the offshore in soi 23 has gone right down the nick over the past few months. The last 3 times I've been in there, the meal has been awful. The girls who work in the cocktail lounge next door seem to be getting uglier as well.

There's a notorious knees-up-mother-brown British-style Pig and Whistle chain in Japan too ? Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe ? that do passable fish'n'chip platters. Wonder if they're all related or maybe it's just such a stereotypical olde worlde English pub name? The Japanese bunch serve lager in proper pint glasses (sigh) and one of the Osaka outlets (Shinsaibashi, closed down 2 years ago after a knifing incident) used to be THE main pick-up joint for gaijin-groupie chicks. Those were the nights. Not much use to those of you in Bangkok, admittedly, but there you are. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by seasider:

Try the fish and chips at Bus Stop on Soi 4

@@ You can also try the puyings waiting for a bus. Sarisin's Surin connection, maybe?

Archived