Royal Dragon Restaurant

gsoutien

Hi

It is the biggest restaurant in the world, seats over 5,000 people.Worth a look and especially good if you have to entertain overseas visitors.The hostess girls that meet you at the front and take you to your table are beautiful.

There are flying waiters going past during the show time and traditional Thai dancing girls on the stage,A lot of the waiters are on roller skates as it is such a big area. There are swans and fish in the pond that goes around the restaurant so you can throw your left overs to them. The food is not to bad as well and very reasonably priced.

I would recommend to get there just before 7.00pm as the show is starting around 7.00pm.

To get there go down Sukumvit all the way to the Bang Na intersection (see yak bang na) turn left and do the first u turn, cant miss it is the ''biggest restaurant in the world''

Racha,

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by shotover:

What can you expect to pay for a couple of meals at the Royal Dragon?

Are reservations suggested?

I would reckon B1000 with beers would leave you well stuffed. Definitely no reservations necessary - I think they were a bit over-optimistic when they built it!! The only time I have seen it busy was at Chinese New Year.

Also worth a look is the infamous 'flying chicken' restaurant on the other side of Bangna!! The food is not so good but the service is absolutely outstanding! That is, if you like to see your cooked chickens catapulted through the air and caught on the spiked helmet of the unicycling waiter before being served at your table!! Roller skates? Pah!!!

I think it's safe to say "Only in Thailand"!!

LG

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

I ...

Also worth a look is the infamous 'flying chicken' restaurant on the other side of Bangna!! The food is not so good but the service is absolutely outstanding! That is, if you like to see your cooked chickens catapulted through the air and caught on the spiked helmet of the unicycling waiter before being served at your table!! Roller skates? Pah!!!LG

Can you provide directions and name of restaurant? Sounds like a unique experience for out of towners!! TIA.

A group of us, ate at the Royal Dragon last night. Had a 20 minute wait for a table! Went at 6:30 p.m.Lots of empty tables but they were reserved for tour busses.

Food was good. The crab curry was delicious! The music was American Bar lounge music from the 60's.

Bill was 3,200 baht for 6 people. We did have beers with our food.

quote:

Originally posted by gene1944:

Can you provide directions and name of restaurant? Sounds like a unique experience for out of towners!! TIA.

The actual name is 'Suan Arhan Kratorn', 96/1 Bangna-Trad (opp the massive BITEC place). Basically if you go down Sukhumvit to the junction with Bangna (between Sois 103 and 105) and turn left, then stay left and pull in to where all the red buses are and look out for it on the left just after the buses. Our taxi driver got us there no probs.

If you send me your e-mail address I can send you a scan of their card with a map and directions in Thai (and a picture of the flying chickens!!)

LG

Archived