A party for pedophiles

Fidel

The point is Phil, that people are allowed to hold ideas that we find distasteful. And they are allowed to use the legal/democratic process to change laws that *they* disagree with. It might be a simpler world if we just gave it all up and made "lazyphil" the arbiter of all that is right and wrong, but it may not be a better world.

-j-

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

josh mate i fully understand the concept of democracy however phedophillia is *illegal*, i also think the children might find it distasteful and the law is here to protect them (the last thing they need is this already fucked up world is a group of weirdos trying to promote they sick hobby), underage sex with minors is rape i.e. illegal (and no I'm not a victim of phedophillia TC the phycologist lol)....please dont patronise me again laddy!

Guest lazyphil

Lets legalise the KKK then, can we make it legal to drag blacks behind chevy trucks? TC, racists are Ppl too, maybe they had a troubled past, again, shall rape be legalised, create a political party to promote rapists human rights.

Seems, koji wants a vampires party too? :D

>Lets legalise the KKK then

You really are having a lot of problem with the concept here aren't you phil?

We are NOT discussing the "merits" of the case here (the *objective* of the party), we are discussing the right of people to hold views that we do not agree with, and to form a party to promote those views, as well as to attempt to change the current laws.

As far as I am aware, you are a brit, so the KKK thing is a bit off, but a better arguement would, perhaps be the National Front. They *are* a political party, they do promote thier views, as well as have people stand for election.

Now, pay attention: While I defend their right to have those views, and to form the party and to try to change the political scene in UK - I would *not* vote for the scum. That me, excercising *my* rights under the political system.

-j-

>God is dead, long live cultural relativism and the total equivalence of values

Finally, a rational arguemnt. I have been very careful to avoid discussing the "merits" or rather lack of merit of the case in the original post.

Are there "universal" values? Or are there views that are so abhorrent that they *cannot* be considered and that people *cannot* be allowed to hold them? And perhaps does our cultural upbringing so "pre-condition" us that are unable to really consider positions that we find so distasteful?

I would be interested in you expanding on your position.

-j-

Mine was only an ironic remark to Topcatta's reference to various cultures having different value systems regarding marrying children etc. Ethical relativism would make some of the classic villains smile in their graves...

Since this irony was lost let me be absolutely clear on my view on the substance of this thread: Society needs strict rules forbidding pedophilia, period.

As to the democratic argument, I forward the remark by Churchill I heard on the "West Wing": "The best argument against democracy is talking with a voter for a few minutes".

Archived