Soi 22

Roger_Baby

Closer to the head of the soi there is Titanium, a new, glitzy, disco, with thump-thump music and pretty girls waiting outside, but I've never been inside.

Forgot about Titanium. This is an interesting place. It is a vodka themed bar. They have a room upstairs - really a large refriderator - where they serve vodka shots. They'll loan you - or your friend - a coat while you are doing shots. They serve vodka cocktails on the first floor. One of them is called the "Cold War", and consists of Vodka, Jack Daniels and a bit of fruit juice.

I believe the girls are bar-fineable, but at a hefty price; somewhere around 1,500 to 2,500 Baht. I don't recall the exact price, but do recall suffering from sticker shock when I asked. This is a good place to bring your own BG.

They used to have an OK girl band playing mostly covers. At the prices they charge for bar fines here, you can bring two of your favorite BGs from NEP or Soi Cowboy here and have a blast. But you need to be careful because the cocktails are very sweet, and this masks the potency of the drinks.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Govinda's in tucked into a small cluster of activity near the start of Sukhumvit 22, behind Larry's Dive.

Also behind Larry's, almost next to Govinda's, is Tina Bar, apparently offering similar diddling services to Toy bar in Cowboy.

Between Govinda's and Tina Bar there are short-time rooms at Pelican Inn bar.

Clean, quiet, private.

Rate about 500 baht: Not the cheapest, but very nice rooms.

And delicious food at Pelican Inn, if you are hungry.

You mean I was right amongst it and didn't know it!!!!! :shakehead Maybe I'm spending too much time up on the farm..... :grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

2,000 for bar fine is too high for me, especially when I am in a bar beer and cannot check out the body first.

I am used to Pattaya prices where bar fine can range anywhere from 0 (beach, shopping malls, etc.) to around 300 (bar beer) and up to 800 (go-go bars).

However, I like this idea of money spent on lady-drinks being counted towards the price of the bar fine. This makes a lot of sense.

It's no wonder titanium is often empty. lovely looking bar but stupidly expensive. from memory drinks about 180 baht.

girls inside a reasonably cute but shit I've had way better lookers for a fraction of that kinda cost especially when you factor in drinks at the bar/bf/ and then pay the girl on top of that once you've done the business.

soi 22 is a favourite area of mine. I've been meaning to ask more details about this area as I ran out of time to fully explore it last time I was there.

Tina bar was mentioned, anybody able to report on it? it looked empty to me but who knows?

anohter place with absolute stunners is a japanese bar called 'the oak bar'. the girls werent receptive at all though as i wasnt a jap. best lookers ive probably ever seen in LOS though, and if you're like the japs or thais and like pale skinned thai girls you'll dig it big time. These girls seemed so up themselves I actually wondered if they'd go with even the jap guys or if they just did a bit of rubbing in the bar. I think it was 1,500 baht for n hour just to sit with the girl. very hostess bar like same as japan.

• 2 months later...
My fav hotel is down Soi 22. The hotel it self has a bar with pool tables, internet, food, nice relaxing couches and the BGs are pleasing to the eye.

That sounds exactly like the Regency Park Hotel.

I, too, have stayed there many nights, although it's no longer my first choice.

Things are changing in and around that area.

Here's a report:

I went past there in a slow taxi today.

There used to be two bars in the Regency Park building.

One was the "B-52" bar.

As of today, that is gone.

The entire front is being remodeled with big windows outside and bright lights inside.

Still under construction, but my guess is another (Indian) tailor shop.

The cozy, comfortable, bar that Hornman mentions above was -- most recently -- named "Pickles Bar".

But many visitors to the area called it "Tiger Bar", because of the tiger stripes motif decorating the front (left over from the previous owner).

Now, local rumor has it, that bar is going to change.

The new owners/managers -- again this is rumor -- will be East Indians.

The owner and top management of the Regency Park Hotel are East Indian, same as Novotel Lotus in Suk 33.

Taking care of their own I guess, but how appealing is a bar run by Indians?

Perhaps as appealing as a tailor shop, eh?

For those interested, the former "Pickles/Tiger" bar is -- once again, rumor -- moving to the little cul-de-sac off Sukhumvit 22, directly behind Larry's Dive.

"Pickles/Tiger" always seemed to have the best selection of attractive girls in soi 22.

Nice to see that selection will remain nearby.

(Well, "best selection" for Caucasian men, that is. The Japanese bars have a higher standard, but non-Japanese are not welcome.)

That little area behind Larry's Dive has picked up a lot in the past year:

Several, tempting bars, some nice restaurants, and an excellent guest house/short-time hotel (Pelican Inn).

If you are in Sukhumvit 22, it's worth a look 'round that area.

Are the jap bars really no go? I wanna check out the the oak bar or other jap bar...what's the deal? Bar fineable? Or just sit and look pretty? Money is money after all....

The new owners/managers -- again this is rumor -- will be East Indians.

The owner and top management of the Regency Park Hotel are East Indian, same as Novotel Lotus in Suk 33.

Taking care of their own I guess, but how appealing is a bar run by Indians?

Perhaps as appealing as a tailor shop, eh?.

Thanks for this info. I certainly will have a look here next time.

Archived