Soi 22

Roger_Baby

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange.

As a european I always say japanese never "jap"

(refers too much to the the second WW to me)

Gook is definitely racist: Refering to the korean during the korean war.

Anyway, yep of course bei otto is on soi 20 sorry for the mis-typing.

Aloha bar is nice but being "asian typed face" I maybe got a better welcome than many farangs would have.

Take a look at our website and check out the drinks discount voucher. Print it off or the whole page to prove you got it off the net and come and have a few drinks. www.aloha-bar.com

rewelcome to the board you uniform-newbie-barowner.

nice little website but the map will not pop up.

so is your bar more focused on old hands/expats (like New Cowboy and the WS bars) or towards tourists/visitors (like most of the Queenspark bars)?

You make an excellent point there!

But I aspire to the ideals of great modern day western philosophers, such as Rodney King, who once axed, "Can't we all get along?"

Rather than the old 'an eye for an eye' theory, shouldn't we all try to be like Rodney King? Or, at least, Snoop Doggy Dog?

That's where I'm coming from, dog. :)

Sorry for getting :topic:

I'm :drunk:

I've been to Titanium on Soi 22 quite a few times, always had a really good time there, despite being twice the age of most of the patrons. On several occasions, we had fun with the younger generation of Thais, they were very friendly.

Quite a few farang guests every time I was there, including middle-aged guys. But it is definitely a place to mingle, not monger, although a couple of the 2,000B bar-fine girls showed considerable interest in getting to know me better.

After five drinks (half-way to the BF), one was a bit drunk and getting quite frisky with me on the sofa on the upper level next to the cold room. She was downing real drinks, not lady drinks. She expressed her willingness to do me and "my wife."

She and the other Titanium girls were definitely better looking and classier than the lower Suk average, but I don't have any idea how they'd perform in the sack.

Evel

:devil:

She and the other Titanium girls were definitely better looking and classier than the lower Suk average, but I don't have any idea how they'd perform in the sack.

Unfortunately, neither do I.

I barfined a hottie there, this summer, after buying her four (real) drinks. Then I took her to Toxic for a few more. Then we went to an old Soi 33 friend's bar on Soi 7/1. More drinks ensued.

Finally, my Soi 33 friend (looking out for both of our best interests:) decided that the Titanium girl was too drunk to go home with me and sent her off in a taxi.

If I recall correctly, Farangman and a couple of other friends were laughing their asses off.

I wound up finding the ugliest girl I've ever been with in Thailand, along Sukhumvit.

RTB wouldn't remember, because he doesn't really know me, but he saw both girls with me at Toxic.

The Titanium chick bordered on being the oft mentioned 'stunner'. :)

Jap, jap or Japanese, i really don't see a problem...i don't take offence if i'm called a honky, whinging pom, whitey or whatever...i use jap/Jap as an abbreviation, so whilst others seek to imply an intent or meaning, there is none, as that is not how i think about it. As with all language, it is the intent in how it is used that implies meaning...please avoid misinterpretation or seeking to suggest meaning that simply isn't present...if you are not sure about my meaning/intent, why not ask me, rather than deciding by yourself incorrectly. It's really very easy...oh and also it really pisses me off when others decide how i think.

I would point out i worked with many Japanese people living in BKK for over a year. I happen to find all those i met to be very kind and warm people, certainly more polite than many whites i've met...i will almost certainly spend some time in Japan next year...but why bother telling you about reality when you'd rather ignorantly decide for yourself what i think....

It's not your intent that matters when you speak, it's what comes across.

If you say something blatantly racist it doesn't matter if you don't mean it that way. People will take your words for what they are.

If I ran around calling all black people the "n" word I wouldn't expect them to do anything less then consider me racist, even though in my alternate reality it couldn't mean less(maybe I grew up with everybody calling each other that and didn't know the meaning of the word?).

Same same.

Agree that the jaapanese and koreans are very racists (like the chinese).

I do not mind being "PC"

I just dislike stupid people who will at first sight call me "gook" or "jap" because they mistake me for one.

the: " they are racists so this is a good reason to be racists too"

is a syllogism and therefore is not a correct argument.

Archived