Soi 22

Roger_Baby

>Actually it is the intention that matters,

Actually, its not. Its about how the group in question feel about the usage. If Japanese people tell you its offensive, then its offensive. And to be honest, your comment that:

>and i REALLY wasn't aware it was so offensive

means you have either led a *very* sheltered life or....(you work it out).

I do, however find it *highly* instructive that, despite having been told the word is offensive, you continue to litter your posts with the word.

Even more instructive, while Weird said (and I am specifically quoting here): "If I ran around calling all black people the "n" word" *you* said (and again I am specifically quoting, as this is not a word I would normally consider using under *any* circumstances: "your example of nigger is".

Hmmmmm if it walks like a racist, talks like a racist.....may be.....

-j-

So you are labelling me a racist, right? But that's not offensive, correct?

It is the intention, a black person may call another the N-word (jeez this is so childish, everyone knows what is meant) and not be offended by it, as they use it ironically and sought to remove its power by claiming the word for themselves...they don't get offended by its use with each other due to an understanding of what is meant...i.e. the intention behind its use. If a white person uses such a word then it might cause offence due to the intention implied by its use, by that person.

Also, yes, i had led a sheltered life..and really wasn't aware an abbreviated word could be construed as so seemingly offensive, especially amongst supposed adults. The word f*ck is often viewed as offensive but i haven't seen you writing any posts to complain about its use on this board... So please stop trying to put things on me that don't belong to me. You really have no idea of that which you talk about. Not everyone thinks like you and sees the world in the way that you do...

Back to Soi 22...why can't a white person go into the Japanese bars...can someone give me a reason, as i'm going to be heading down there soon and would love to peruse the beautiful ladies white people aren't allowed to see...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't aware i had a cause that required help????????...what i've written is my understanding, obviously others differ in their understanding...I hope and presume i'm entitled to an opinion?

What would you advise then?

Ah, Tina's Bar. Presumably owned/managed by Toy of Soi Cowboy's "Toy Bar". I've visited it in the past, but not in recent years. Was a diddling bar then, so I presume the same business model still applies. Girls were about a 3 on average when I went in there last.

HH

Archived