Steve Irwin-Crocodile Hunter-Dead

Central Scrutinizer

Thanks Elef, I just saw it on Google news too.

Nice quote here-

"In 2003, he spoke to the ABC's Australian Story about how he was perceived in his country.

"When I see what's happened all over the world, they're looking at me as this very popular, wildlife warrior Australian bloke," he said.

"And yet back here in my own country, some people find me a little bit embarrassing.

"You know, there's this... they kind of cringe, you know, 'cause I'm coming out with 'Crikey' and 'Look at this beauty'.

"Just say what you're gonna say, mate. You know, is it a cultural cringe? Is it, they actually see a little bit of themselves when they see me, and they find that a little embarrassing?

"I'm fair dinkum, like kangaroos and Land Cruisers, winged keels and bloody flies! I think we've lost all that. I think we've all become very, sort of, money people."

That pretty well summed up Steve Irwin for me, I found him a bit embarrassing, a bit too "Australian", a bit too much like Rolf Harris.

Must have been a fucking big stingray.

What a shame. He was one of a kind. :(

Flash,

Yeah, I agree. I loved the guy and loved to watch his show. I thought he was insane at times with the risks he'd take, but he knew what he was doing and had such an obvious love for the animals and nature. One of a kind. Sort of reminded me of a modern day version of that younger guy who used to help Carl Perkins of Animal Kingdom of whatever that show was called way back then. The guy that took all the chances while Carl stood back and commented. :D Steve did it all. Sad for his family, and I'll miss the crazy Aussie. He was fun to watch, and he passed along a lot of good information about the animals while entertaining so many. :( He died doing what he loved though. Amen to that. :rip: Steve.

Cent

Guest lazyphil

thats really sad news, really liked his shows, (great television) had passion for what he did, my mrs is hooked on his shows, she's sad too, reast in peace mate :(

Archived