Ubon Ratchatani New Farang Bar

Central Scrutinizer

Mekong,

Did you ever make it up to Ubon that weekend? And, did you ever find the Wrong Way cafe and meet Richard?

Cent

Made it to Ubon, never got chance to check it out, spent the whole day visiting relatives of the wife.

No doubt I will be up in Ubon a couple of times this year and I hope to check it out then.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. . . Also' date=' directly behind the Wrong Way there is a new hotel with nice rooms, AC, all new showers and hong nam, beds (king) and all for a mere 350 baht a night. 450 baht gets you an extra single bed with the king for those with family along. Can't go wrong, and in stumbling distance from the Wrong Way. [/quote']

I would like to return to Ubon for the festival in July, and would be interested in visiting both the Wrong Way and checking out the nearby hotel.

Does anyone have the name and contact info for this hotel?

Shotover,

Contact Richard, he has the info. More a motel than a hotel, all one level, but in good shape, all new, showers hot water, etc. Looked good to me for the price. I'll be staying up there sometime next month.

------------------

Wrong Way Cafe

Richard & Ting

49/4-5 Phadang Road

Amphur Muang

Ubon Ratchatani

phone: 045-245921

mobile: 06-8686661

e-mail: richard@wrongwayhome.com

Directions: On the left, just 1 1/2 blocks north of Central Thung Sri Muang Park, on Phadang Road.

Mekong' date='

Did you ever make it up to Ubon that weekend? And, did you ever find the Wrong Way cafe and meet Richard?

Cent[/quote']

Made it to Ubon, never got chance to check it out, spent the whole day visiting relatives of the wife.

No doubt I will be up in Ubon a couple of times this year and I hope to check it out then.

Mekong,

Well, let me know when you get up that way next. I'll be around until August sometime I think.

Also, stop by Surin on the way up if possible, maybe? :)

Cent

• 2 months later...

I've had visiting Ubon...for the Candle Festival...on my 'to-do' list for some time.

However, I wonder if the festival is deluged with farang visitors & tourists. Have any listers attended the festival and what were your experiences? I surely will also contact Richard and hopefully gain some additional insight.

thx.

I hear there is some, but to give you an idea, many Ubon guys come to Surin to play away from home. I was told there is an agogo bar, but the person who told me said it's not much to write home about. He prefers the Surin nightlife and takes the train down. Or of course, BKK and PTYA.

Just what I heard. I have no experience up there in P4P.

Cent

The p4p scene is there. Largely its dependent on your level of spoken Thai. The better Thai you speak, the more opportunities you have. Primarily it consists of the local massage parlors at the larger hotels. These don't require much Thai. The karaoke bars and the Felice nightclub are a bit more hit and miss as I have been offered there but generally the dancers do well enough on tips not to have to go with customers.

The p4p scene is there. Largely its dependent on your level of spoken Thai. The better Thai you speak, the more opportunities you have. Primarily it consists of the local massage parlors at the larger hotels. These don't require much Thai. The karaoke bars and the Felice nightclub are a bit more hit and miss as I have been offered there but generally the dancers do well enough on tips not to have to go with customers.

Archived