Thing you like to eat in Thailand all the time

Alfmaz

In Thailand I have a few favorite foods I like to eat all the time when Iâ??m in Thailand the list below

1. Salted beefs (with a few beers) or after a night out, good place to buy across from the Bamboo Bar in Pattaya.

2. The Water Lilly peas (Itâ??s round and it looks like a shower head) but you break it open and you have peas, you see this plant in all the Kings Photos, Just like Aussies eating Kangaroo. You can get this only in season around Soi Cowboy

3. In Oh-Nang from the street sellers they have a dish that is spicy its is rice with lost of spice itâ??s thier version of Som-Tum pet pet but with rice.

4. Chang Mai the prawn cakes like Rice Cakes but with little prawns deep fried.

:chili::chili::chili::bow:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khao soy, rich-broth noodles from the north, mmm, mmm... Mango and sweet sticky rice... Those little green worm-like sweets on ice... Simple moo yang... Fuck, I even like to eat that perverted chicken-pizza-with-ketchup stuff they deliver! Not to mention hoy Isaan piset - excellent latenight snack, a little salty, a little messy on the chin, but mmm, mmm good!

I never get fed up with noodle soup, eat that almost daily. Just vary it a bit between chicken, pork, beef and duck. Beef and duck definitely the best.

Dtom Yam, long time favourite of mine. I eat it as a main course with plenty of rice.

Rice soup or Joke, eat that every morning.

For a late night snack, Gung Chae Narm Pla. Shrimp soaked in fish sauce with Narm Prik Manau and plenty of garlic.

cheers

hn

Guest lazyphil

hoy tort i can eat everyday, usually sold at pad thai stalls if i remember correctly, which also i can eat daily.....not sure how healthy/caloritic it is though?

Guest lazyphil

สสสสà¸?รีà¸?à¸Âà¸?à¸?ะà¸?à¸?

testing thai language on the keyboard :cool: it works!

ok back to subject matter

I stock up on cake, yogurt, and iced coffee from grocer. (I may stop buying yogurt in the future since there is a good possibility that it had been causing me to have the shits...on second thought, I'll just stay away from the refrigerated kind)

Grilled chicken and sticky rice from street vendors

Noodle soup w/ pork or chicken from street stalls

Watermelon from street vendors

mango w/ sticky rice

Tom Yum -- Thai lemongrass soup with seafood. Served with white rice.

grilled dried squid from street vendors

Love those grilled chicken or fried chicken with kao neaw...oh they are so good and cheap. As they ,kon tai like to called them,thai KFC but there's a big but..Had a very bad exprience with it. had food poisoning, had to go to ron pa ya ban...hospital!!! When are they going to realize that having piece of meat sitting out in the sun all day is not a good thing.!!! In those plastic boxes. eee becareful. ran wan noi

Archived