Buffets

khunsanuk

The chocolate buffet at the Sukhothai is another gem that is noteworthy but not your average buffet.

It includes delicious tea, proper sandwiches, and even futomaki if I remember correctly. The key points are the decadent chocolates laying around. It is a good recommendation for visiting relatives, or especially older ladies like aunties who are over for a visit. I can't find fault with it to be honest.

I've mentioned before that Fogo Vivo (Brazilian) has a lunch buffet that is pretty great as well. Nice service and decor near the Intercontinental with salad bar, treats, and desserts including a piping hot skewer of Brazilian beef in the 250 to 300B range. For those of you with big eyes and bellies :neener: all you can eat beef for around 400 to 500B, which is enough to choke a horse but in a good way :up: :up:

The Londoner still does its Sunday "roast" as well, but I can't say that I was impressed last time I went. Nothing wrong with the food, but the meats were a bit dry and not too flavourful (sop them in mint gravy and you get by). 400 to 500 B range. Might be a little off on the price.

Cheers

the_numbers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sukhothai is on Sathorn and is a great hotel. You'll have to call and check about the splashy chocolate buffet, which is more of a high tea kind of thing and not on a Sunday.

If I recall it is on a weekday or Saturday. Sorry I'm not more helpful. Just buzz the hotel on the local number when in Bangkok and they'll more than courteously sort you out and even get you a reservation. I remember it being around 800 baht++

Cheers,

the_numbers

Fogo Vivo reminds me of a little hideaway some of us go to with our wives, and mia nois (but not on the same night LOL!)

It's called A Garden. It is at the end of Sukhumvit Soi 51, in an old house. Quite romantic (so the kids may not apppreciate it, but I am sure they would not be excluded). The thing there, on Friday & Saturday nights only, is a churriscaria (sp?) Brazilian meat feast. All you can eat, with a very nice and unique salad and desert bar included. B500. Quite a deal. Lovely location, pretty laid back, excellent & discrete service, not too busy. Perfect.

Their wine list is decent too, usually with a very drinkable monthly special in the B800/btl range. Of course if you are feeling flush, a Chateau Rothschild is on the wine list at a measly B22,000/btl!

They have a regular menu Sun-Thurs which is fine too, and not to expensive. But the Brazilian is the thing!

Cheers,

SD

I'll add

Emerald (hotel on Ratchadaphiseik) Japanese Buffett, about 450-500bht/p all inclusive (no booze). Sushi, Tempura, Tan katsu, etc, Chinese dishes, prawn/clams/meat cooked to order all sorts of stuff.

Also, Bei Otto So 20 for German Buffet brunch on Sundays. Price about 400nht/pp

Irish Exchange on Soi Convent. Roasted meats etc Around 300bht or 350

Landmark Sunday Brunch, same same Irish exchange, maybe a bit more. I think 350bht not sure.

And for Kee Neows like myself, I like the "moo-ka-tan" places around all you can eat buffett (Issaarrn Style) for 89 bht!

Archived