Buffets

khunsanuk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear there is vegetarian buffets around but have never been able to localize them.

Whats the name of the place on Soi Phanyothin, ND?

Meat places can also be okay if they have a huge salad bar. At Sizzler I can eat from the salad bar only for a 100 b and it is okay. Is it possible to pay in these buffet places for salad bar only?

For those based in lower Sukhumvit who don't wish to stumble very far early in the morning for a breakfast buffet, the hotel next to Foodland on Soi 5 (forgot the name, big banner across the street) offers a reasonably priced option at 120 baht. Bonus of watching BBC news on the hour if your timing is right.(8:00 A.M. for me) Offered scrambled eggs, fried eggs, pancakes, bacon, a curry soup, chinese vegetable type dishes, some Japanese dishes, tea/coffee, fruit dishes, rolls, etc.Even cashew cookies and pound cake though I think they started to hide the cashew cookies after a while when they saw me coming. As with any buffet, get there earlier rather than later. Look for the big glass entry doors with a few smoking tables outside. Walk inside and turn left at the front desk. On the other side of the hotel I think there is another little buffet place but never tried it.

Archived