What can Western women learn from Thai girls?

westernwoman

Magician,

How many of these 'creatures' have you been through, your original post suggests quite a few.....

Your thinking is to me anachronistic....it is a personal thing and i guess we will have to agree to disagree on this matter. I cannot think like you and don't want the type of relationships you talk about....but that's just me i guess. I'm sure there are many men who like to work their way through Thai ladies, moving from one to the next, always based around money and no emotional intimacy is involved...i'm romantic and believe in equality.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone! Would you like to help western women learn some Thai relationship tactics? I'm a Western woman working on a magazine article in which I'd like to reveal the secret of Thai bar girls. Would appreciate your input. In concrete, specific terms, why are they capable of attaracting men like honey does bees and how come they are able to "wrap men around their little fingers" so well that men often say they would never go back to dating a Westerner? I've known men who propose to a bar girl after a few days of meeting her - in the West, if a girl talks marriage on the second or third date, he's def. too busy to ever meet up again.

What do Thai bar girls do to attract men initially and then, how do they keep the men interested? Is there something you wish women in the west would do too (realistically) or, what do you think they are doing wrong that the thai bar girls are doing right when trying to attract men? You can also email me off the board at thailandstories@gmail.com...would love to get Thai bar girls input as well so if you know of anyone who speaks at least basic english and has access to email and wants to advice her western sisters in attracting men, I would appreciate any contact info. thanks!

An obvious troll far as I am concerned.

There is no logic in a Western girl wanting to learn from a Thai Bar girl; unless you as a Western girl are as poor and desperate as the Thai sisters. Which is unlikely. Bit pathetic also.

My guess would be that you are a man considering a Thai girl, but your morality or subconcsious or whatever the fuck you want to call it is preventing you from asking directly - hence the first post (most likely you are a regular poster here). Pathetic also.

If however you are geniune - then the obvious facts escape you. It doesn't take rocket science to work this stuff out without even leaving your living room. In that respect, you are still a troll either way; or else rather naive.

A troll no matter what angle you look at it.

Magician,

One of the other things that people often say to me is, "do you not miss a woman with whom you can discuss things?"

This cracks me up. This assumes that arguing about philosophy, politics, theology, and current events with a woman who feels that she has to defend her own status and stature at every turn is enjoyable. Far from it. I do not miss it, and you can have it.

I too agree with Zombie that rolling over and playing dead ain't much fun and gets boring quickly.

I for one see more in a partner than bedroom activities and weather chat only.

To each his own of course.

If you think that these girls are subservient, you are wrong. They get what they want. They know how to do it. They make their man so happy that he wants to give them their heart's desire. Who is smart under that scenario? They get what they want. They do not take it. They make their man want to give it to them.

I fail to see why it makes them smarter. If both sides get what they want then there are no winners, or shall I say losers.

It's merely the choice we have in life and those we take.

Western women cannot compete with them.

If you look at it from another angle you could say that Thai men can't compete with you.. us. :)

It really is a matter of what we want out of life. Different individuals, different needs, desires etc etc

Which brings me to my last words on this matter..if you (not you in particular Miagician, but all readers) are happy than you're doing a good job. If your partner is too than even better :up: simple! if not.. well.. you guessed it!

Cheers!

:beer:

zombienation,

exactly my thought - if this is all so perfect for magician, then why the need to change to new girls? what could ever go wrong (aside from natural aging process - perhaps every 3 years the girl turns 24 and needs to be replaced by another 21 year old). So, magician, my question: why have you had a number of thai girlfriends? lack of stimulating conversation finally get you down? girl finally get tired of slaving away, albeit happily? you run out of money every few years?

despite the sceptical nature of my post here, i think that's a great post, though painted in broad strokes (which i don't necessarily agree with, but it's entertaining). westernwoman's work has been done for her.

yimsiam

zombienation,

exactly my thought - if this is all so perfect for magician, then why the need to change to new girls? what could ever go wrong (aside from natural aging process - perhaps every 3 years the girl turns 24 and needs to be replaced by another 21 year old). So, magician, my question: why have you had a number of thai girlfriends? lack of stimulating conversation finally get you down? girl finally get tired of slaving away, albeit happily? you run out of money every few years?

despite the sceptical nature of my post here, i think that's a great post, though painted in broad strokes (which i don't necessarily agree with, but it's entertaining). westernwoman's work has been done for her.

yimsiam

Much as I admire Magician, I Think it's a gross exaggeration the life he describes. Western women do this as well.

What differentiates the girls from here and the west is that their choice - the BG's is very limited. Fight snakes and back breaking work growing rice at the family village, for no money, or come to the city and earn their corn many times over by fucking; perhaps even marrying!

Western woman - do you really want to learn their secrets. That Thai Bar girls they'd rather fuck some geriatric that will pay them more than a year's salary for the displeasure. Is that the secret you want to learn.

Or is it the fact that most guys would rather give a right testicle than pay one satang over the current going price (sorry question mark not working).

Or is it the fact that the age difference is so overwhelming that the monetary benefits must be extraordinary for the said girl.

You don't seem geniune to me. You ask very broad questions - where a true article writer will ask more specific questions after doing the research. You are a troll.

Simply?

Here is the run down.

1. Girlfriend number 1 was superb. She was a teacher, very smart, educated, a professional, who worked her ass off for about 15,000 baht a month in salary.

She was a long tall drink of water, classic Thai features, long glossy black hair. She had a great figure, though she may have been too skinny for some.

She was emotionally immature, but I could have dealt with this, and we could have grown together.

The girl was jai lan. Too much drama. I am too old to put up with this, and we were not a good match for other reasons. I ended it.

2. Girlfriend number 2 was a former lady singer, who bar none was the best girlfriend that I ever had. That said, she treated me like a customer for too long. That was strike one. Specifically, she lied to me about her two siblings, who were actually her two children. She came clean to me, but my trust in her was shattered. She came to me after EIGHT MONTHs of cohabitation. I gave her marks for coming to me herself with the deception, but after that...well, I understood why she lied. But I was still wounded.

There was more with this girl, but suffice it to say that in a weird way, she maneuvered me into ending the relationship. She knew that I did not love her, and for her, what I was offering her just was not adequate, and I do not mean financially. It was not enough that I just liked her a lot. Fair enough.

3. Girlfriend number 3 was the spendthrift. Other than that, she was great. Bar none, the best sex that I have ever had, and I mean ever. It was not enough. She was a bar girl. The only one that I ever hooked up with for a long period of time. She was a Soi 33 bar girl, but a bar girl nonetheless. It did not matter to me. When she was with me, she was with me. Good enough for me. I have been no angel in my own life.

I would give her 5,000 baht to take care of herself and my cat while I was away on business from anywhere from a week to ten days. This is not a lot of money, but all the bills were paid, and it was purely for HER to spend on herself while I was gone. For a Thai girl, it is enough. I watched to see what she did with this money. She spent it. Every satang. And on booze, pretty much. For herself and all her friends.

When the inevitable emergencies arose, she was broke. So she came to me. I handled emergency number one. Hospital bills for her father, who had a problem with his eyes. The next month, her mother had to pay back some loan that the TRT had championed in provincial villages. I paid that one, too, in both cases for about 15,000 baht, but that was it. I sent her packing after that.

Her allowance was 15,000 baht a month. I covered everything on top of that. New cell phone, gold baht necklace, clothes, shoes, an expensive birthday party, lots of going out and partying. Too much of that, frankly. The 15,000 baht was purely for herself, and for her family. I gave her additional money on top of this when I was traveling. I did not expect her to stay home and do nothing while I was gone. I did not mind that she went out. I did mind that she would spend 5,000 baht partying in one week, and when I came home, she would have 100 baht left. I did mind when she did not save any of it, and she did not buffer me from the demands of her family.

If she had come to me and said, "I have this emergency. I have saved 5,000 baht out of all the money that you have given me. Can I have some more?" I would have thought about it, said "sure," and we would have moved on. But she did not. She blew through money like there was no tomorrow, and my assessment of the situation was that it would not get better, there would be a new emergency every month, and frankly, she came up short in a brutal cost vs benefits analysis.

So, there have been three girlfriends. They were all great, in different ways. I regret the way that I handled the first girlfriend the most, and I still think about her at times. But I just need a cooler-headed girl who will not seek to manipulate me. This is just me.

I fully realize that the above will not display me in the best possible light. I have made some mistakes, and I have some regrets. But we did have very good times, myself and these three girls, and I do remember each of them fondly. With time, the things that made me separate from them fade, and I remember the good things, and the good times.

Since then, there has been a stable of girls. No live-in girlfriend. I plan to keep it that way.

They come over, they stay for a night, then they leave the next day. We take our time, and there is no rush, but they have their lives, and I have mine, and we keep things relatively simple.

There is sincere affection and caring with all of them. I try hard to take good care of them. But I also make no bones about the truth of the matter, which is that I am not good marriage material, I am not looking for a wife, and if they meet someone who meets their longrange needs better, I will be happy for them and do anything that I can to help them.

In the meantime, I take care of them, they take care of me, and you could probably best characterize the relationships with each of them as similar to that with a mia noi, except that there is no mia luang.

It works for me. I am content. I have feminine companionship every other night, I have space for myself, and things are fine, for now.

Do I sometimes feel nostalgic for a more permanent, deeper relationship? Absolutely. But I have to own my own flaws in character, and I have to admit that I am probably not the best man for a truly nice girl to marry. Just being honest about it, and I do not deceive them.

It works for me.

To me, the question's not whether westernwoman's a troll or not, it's clear s/he is - the question is whether westernwoman, magician, same-same? I don't think so, though they share the same general view in a way (broad strokes here, I know) and though westernwoman's post seems a perfect setup for a rather elaborate (and, as I admitted before, entertaining) post from magician...

I guess I just like all of magician's examples of the good things his thai women do sometimes - which are not so different from things i've noticed. I read it like I do magazines: for fun and entertainment.

Gotta run now, my girlfriend just called from the car, she's on her way home from work and I want to make sure dinner is on the table and Oprah is on the tube before I carry my tiraak's nightly margarita to her when she comes in the door... if she's pleased enough, she just might kick down a little cash that I can use to keep my sister's daughter in school back at home... and that would make me so satisfied.

YimSiam

Thanks for the reply - we apparently were writing at the same time.

I wonder if some of those traits that led to the demise of your relationships might also go into westernwoman's article as lessons to be learned? Or are those somehow individual traits that are not Thai, while the traits identified in the earlier post are for some reason Thai? I realise that they might be less common than some of the 'positive' traits, yet they do seem frequently reported: making drama out of nothing, spending money, lying, emotional immaturity. Just thinking outloud.

By the end of this, westernwoman will probably be able to write one of those books that they only sell in Asiabooks and at the Bangkok airport, like Hello My Big Honey or whatnot.

Time to go squeeze some toothpaste onto honey's toothbrush, and set another tampon out on the back of the toilet, with the wrapper gently torn and rolled back in a visually-appealing way - honey's getting ready for bed, and it's that time of month.

cheers,

YimSiam

Archived