What can Western women learn from Thai girls?

westernwoman

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

Maybe a lot of generalizations, but for the most part what he describes is what men, a lot of them, desire in a woman, and in Thailand it is much much easier to find women who WILL treat a man like this, like he is king of his home and the head of the relationship. Much of what he describes I have had and seen myself when with a Thai woman. The un-westernized Thai women, the ones brought up in a traditional manner seem to provide this sort of treatment more readily than those women who have had a western exposure or education or lifestyle.

I applaud 'magician's' ability to find the 'wheat' and avoid the chaff, and to fully enjoy the relationships with these Thai ladies he has met and had relationships with. And, I agree with a lot he states about the 'up to you' stuff (and how to handle it and deal with it) and the male needing to be 'firm but fair'. I've seen and learned these things myself, and it can and does work. At least in my experience.

But, I do agree with KS that there is a wide scale of temperments and personalities amongst Thai women. The thing is, he, magician, does describe to a tee the Thai women many western men find highly desirable. Some will say this is chauvanistic, but I also find these traits endearing and pleasant and do go out of my way to be a better husband and lover due to these ways a Thai woman will treat their man. It is a real reason why so many western men become easily enamored of these bewitching creatures. And I agree, although we all have different tastes in women, that many Thai women will fit the profile that I find desirable in a mate. Whereas that is less and less so of my female counterparts in the states and elsewhere in the western world.

What many western women will fluff off as being demeaning and a 'subservient' behavior is really nothing more than a Thai woman knowing how to treat a man with some dignity and respect and care, and they do know how to take care of their man and treat him the way he will enjoy being treated, which will cause many men to be much more loving and caring in their own turn. The western woman, many, seems to have lost any desire to do this, and it shows.

Cent

I'm a bit stuck with this...i agree it is wonderful that someone will do such things, but it's all a bit 'master and servant'....i like the 50/50 relationship and i don't want a meek and mild lady who will rollover and play dead at my 'command'...i'd find it boring...give me a spirited feisty girl everytime. I also wonder at the lack of respect shown by a man who has a house slave, errrrr i mean wife/girlfriend.....

So little things someone does for you i think are wonderful...it demonstrates care and maybe love but a submissive quiet hanger-on is not my style.

For me, what western girls can learn is about romantic love, they seem to have lost the ability to do this...also the pleasure of being a women and enjoying femininity....i love how feminine Thai girls are...it is very alluring....they seem to possess a natural grace and quality that i'm sure western women do as well, but it gets hidden under the constant pressure to be masculine. Thai women seem to glory in their beauty and sexuality....example, i've yet to experience a Thai girl who had 'issues' with sex....they seem to enjoy it the same as a man does...they love to experiment, play, find out, constantly curious and excited by the prospect and the closeness....as an ex-shrink, most women i met both personally and professionally had hang ups, issues, problems which led to a lack of enjoyment sexually and emotionally....it seems to be common that western women have sexual baggage...i've yet to find this in Thailand...it is a very natural thing for Thai women to enjoy closeness and intimacy it seems. It has been surprising and pleasing experience for me....and believe me i've had a lot of experience both with western women and now Thai ladies.

Society in the west has said you must be the same as a man, but women and men are not the same....jeez, even scans of the brain demonstrate how stimulus such as humour are processed differently....but western women seem intent on trying to be the same, as if this is somehow a good thing (i really fail to see how being a man is so good...we die earlier, have serious emotional hang ups and tend to act like total morons a lot)...it's not for either men or women....I'd say the advice i'd give to a western women is enjoy being a women, glory in your sexuality and femininity....it is a wonderful thing and men love it.

Hi,

"i like the 50/50 relationship and i don't want a meek and mild lady who will rollover and play dead at my 'command'...i'd find it boring..."

Fully agree with this. My wife has her own career / business and her own opinions (which at times class with mine :) ) and I respect her all the more for that. She is not dependent on me, nor I on her.

Sanuk!

Interesting feedback, and yes, I agree that I painted with a broad brush. There was definitely some generalization in there, but I also have to point out that the examples that I cited were genuine examples. I lived them.

As for classifying them as "meek and mild" girls who "roll over and play dead at my command," well, this statement reveals that you just do not get it.

These girls are smart. Given a different society, many of them could have grown up to be molecular biologists, physicists, engineers, software designers, etc. Many of them were born in the provinces to poor families, and they did not have those opportunities in life. Yes, a few miraculously "succeed" in those ways, but they are exceptional.

But, they are smart, nonetheless. They use what they have. One of the things that they have is, they have been socialized to understand how to take care of men, whether they are taking care of their fathers, uncles, brothers, husbands, or boyfriends. When they love you, then life can be bliss on earth. If they are just using you for money, then do not be surprised if your experiences do not quite compare. You will still, nonetheless, note echoes of the behaviors.

If you think that these girls are subservient, you are wrong. They get what they want. They know how to do it. They make their man so happy that he wants to give them their heart's desire. Who is smart under that scenario? They get what they want. They do not take it. They make their man want to give it to them.

In many respects, they are smarter than the men whose wallets they sometimes plunder. I can definitely say that when they find a good man, a man who cherishes them and loves them and appreciates them for who and what they are, they are happy. They are simple creatures, in many respects. Take good care of them, take good care of their families, ensure that they can have "face" in their neighborhoods, and among their family, and you will be golden.

One of the other things that people often say to me is, "do you not miss a woman with whom you can discuss things?"

This cracks me up. This assumes that arguing about philosophy, politics, theology, and current events with a woman who feels that she has to defend her own status and stature at every turn is enjoyable. Far from it. I do not miss it, and you can have it.

In my case, the cultural dissonances, the linguistic obstacles, were actually good things. Learning about their culture forced me to look hard at my own. In some things, I tell Thai people "I am not Thai. I am farang." For example, I tell them this when I tell them to not waste my time, and to not assume that I am stupid. They look at me, and they understand. The farang wants a decision, and he wants performance. If we do not give it to him, he will walk away, and he will take his money with him. And this is exactly what I do. If they want my money, they learn, they adapt, and life goes on.

In other respects, living a simpler lifestyle, with more traditional values, feels better to me. I can live better here, and more healthily, than I can in the West. I am far happier here in personal relationships that I ever was in the West. And it is not just because girls take really good care of me. I have learned how to elicit those behaviors from them. I am happy, they are happy, we end up being happy together, and life is very, very good.

We do not have to discuss literature, politics, philosophy, and theology. If I never do that again with a woman, I will not miss it. We focus on more prosaic, more quotidian things. Things like, "are you hungry?" Things like "shall we go shopping?" Concrete, solid, everyday things.

There is a lot of courtesy, respect, and heartfelt appreciation in the relationships that I have enjoyed with Thai women that was utterly missing in my relationships with Western women.

Like I said: the only reason that Western males put up with the bullshit of Western females, is because they have not been here. Once they come here, they always wonder, and many come back, again and again and again. Some stay here, like me. I can never go back to the West. I hate living there.

Here is an example: what happens when a Western male takes a Thai girl out of her element back to the West?

It can be devastating to the girl, if she is not very resilient, and prepared, and special.

For one thing, you can assume that all the Western women will systematically sabotage her and undermine her at every turn, and in the most pathetic, cynical and stealthy ways. They will be saccarine sweet to her face, but then call her "whore" behind her back.

Why?

Because their husbands and boyfriends see the delightful little goddess that their friend brought home, and if she is not a nightmare girl, drinking, gambling, missing home, and misbehaving, then they are looking at their fat, mean Western women and thinking "how in the hell do I get me one of those."

It is best, in my opinion, to keep most Thai women in Thailand. Yes, I am painting with a broad brush. So what?

Western women cannot compete with them. Those of you who prefer Western women should stick with them. They need you. They have lost me forever. And many others like me.

westernwoman

Your post really makes me sick.

Why is it that you are a "woman" but your sisters in Thailand are "girls"?

Because you are better than them by virtue of where you were born? Or because of your race?

You could learn some things about manners and politeness in just about any country in Asia but I doubt you ever will. You could also learn about prejudice but that requires a bit more of an open mind than learning about manners.

Good luck with the magazine article. I hope that you can leave your personal emotional baggage out of it.

People are people and some are luckier than others by virtue of where they were born. You, of course, are better than the women in Thailand but try to not let it show in your article. Just blame it on the men....

westernwoman

Interesting comment from my wife after reading your post to her on Skype.

Why are you looking for "tactics"? Is this a war? To a non-native English speaker tactic sounds adversarial where technique or some other word might have been much more appropriate.

The fact that you need "tactics" in a relationship

is a big part of the reason why most western men who live in this region have little or no interest in western women.

At least in America a lot of women like you really look down on Asian "girls" and seem to say so much about themselves without realising it.

Archived