Khon Kaen lowdown please

Sorry if i have spelt it badly...anyone been there, know what's up there? Nightlife? p4p scene?? A friend is interested in going and wants to know...he's not a member here...so i thought i'd ask the great knowledgebase that is thai360.....any info greatly appreciated! Really, any!

A good place to find info on Khon Kaen is at www.khonkaen.com It is a forum of nice people who live in and around the Khon Kaen area...

Pianoman

Yep...good reference.

FWIW, I stayed at the Khon Kaen Sofitel about 3 years ago. It's a GENUINE 5* hotel and in the heart of the city. Only 1800 baht then, including breakfast and free airport transfers. In the basement, there is a "hostess bar" that has some "dancing girls" (not go-go). The girls were much better looking that the bar girls in SC or NEP or any other regular venue. The hostesses are kind of lined up at the entrance to the "club". (Think it was called "Cleo's" (as in Cleopatra.) You can get a gal to sit with you and make other arrangements or sit alone and froth at the mouth as groups of Japanese biz guys take 3 or 4 at a time to a private room. I asked the mamasan "how much" to take one to my room. 2000 for "how long it take you" :cool: (Having a girl sit with you will cost you some baht, but not too much..in addition to any drink u might buy her.) Get there early (9 pm) or the biz guys will have the best of em by 10 pm.

HH

I like the city's nightlife. Many good discos and bars and the girls there are very interested in farangs compared to Bangkok. Most of the nightlife is within walking distance from Sofitel.

Some clubs that are hot at the moment are Rad, U-bar and Zolid for those that like to party in nonp4p environment. There are couple of expat bars where ladies are available and at least two soapies I know about. And then there is ofcourse the local brothel scene.

• 1 year later...

Archived