wow. what a trip..

asialuver1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good story but i don't agree with it as being especially seedy. Pattaya is more like an adult circus and highly entertaining to observe freakes of nature and wannabees studs.

But seedy..try any big city in america adult entertainment (minus las vegas) district where you have winos, homeless people, gang members, fugitives, drug addicts, thieves, bottom of the barrel hookers, pimps, you name it lurking around...

Seedy is when you fear for your own safety at any time when you walk around these areas. Actually peole don't caually walk around like pattaya but but dart quickly in a trenchcoat to find these seedy striop clubs as quickly as possible and then make a break for it back to your car hoping it hasn't been broken into...

Pattaya while full of hookers and guys looking to get laid, the festive atmosphere is far from the seediness of american big cities. I guess kind of why pattaya, bkk, P.I. cambodia, brasil are sex tourist spots while america is not. Fun vs personal safety...

CB

But seedy..try any big city in america adult entertainment (minus las vegas) district where you have winos, homeless people, gang members, fugitives, drug addicts, thieves, bottom of the barrel hookers, pimps, you name it lurking around...

Could you advise which cities you are referring to? Sounds like the kind of U.S. cities I'd like to visit.

good story nice way to lose the big v!!

27 days in payatta would drive me mad,did you not want to try samui,phucket etc?

Been there. They are beautiful, to be sure,

I like to bounce between Pattaya and Bkk. Between them there's pretty much everything I want to do.

There are a lot of non resort cities that are cool for a couple of days exploration like Trat, Korat, Chantaburi, etc.

I tend to stay away from places where backpackers, families and honeymooners go.

beach side of beach road is definitely seedy at night, dangerous especially past mike shopping center. was nearly attacked by a ladyboy trio one night there. i felt safe on walking street tho.

"...was nearly attacked by a ladyby trio," sounds kind of funny.

Not something a group of Teamsters would be discussing on their coffee break,

• 1 month later...

Archived