tourist visa to u.s.

asialuver1

Don't know how this thread degenerated as it did, but the answer to the OP question is very simple and straightforward. In order for anyone to get a tourist visa to the US, they must demonstrate to the consulate officer that they have a compelling reason to return. It's that simple. If you take the average BG or even regular TG trying to visit a boyfriend it is very difficult to get over the impression you are trying to short circuit the immigration process. Keep in mind, it is perfectly legal to come into the US as a tourist and as long as it cannot be proven the intent of the trip was to do so, you can get married and apply for a change of status and fairly quickly get a green card. Consulate officers and the BCIS take this a personal insult and therefore are very wary of people that fit such a profile.

To the poster claiming it took a rich middle age Thai-Chinese women 2 years to get a tourist visa, I would bet money it took her 2 years to correctly apply. As I have said before, between our people and clientâ??s; I have seen probably 50 Thais get non-immigrant visas to the US this year. None was refused, including a really cute, single 30 year old TG who works for us.

TH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently heard a story about a gal (couple) in my neighborhood who went to apply for a Tourist visa at the U.S. Embassy. They were redirected to U.S. Immigration & Homeland Security across the street in the Sindhorn Building on Wireless Road where they were told that they would need to apply for a fiancee (or spousal) visa! Apparantly this is true in cases where the Embassy suspects that they may have marriage intentions. I offered to look into this situation for my friends.

I just spoke with an officer at the Visa section of the U.S. Embassy, and he confirmed that this is indeed the case. However, he advised that interested applicants should first fill out the online application for the Tourist Visa, obtain the bar code and get an appointment at the Visa section at which time they (and it's best to appear together) can explain their circumstances with as much documentation as possible (the more the better). Tourist visas are still issued to those deemed eligible. However, the change in 'attitude' of the Embassy has apparantly been fueled by many instances of those who have received 10 yr. Tourist visas who then attempted to marry or reside in the States. It is considered a crime to do this by U.S. Immigration & Homeland Security.

I was told that 'the brakes were applied' sometimes at the airport when the person displaying a tourist visa attempts to check in with what is considered an 'unreasonable' amount (way too much) of luggage.

If one is considered to be residing in the States on a ten year Tourist visa, this is definitely grounds for deportation. As cited above, the applicant for a Tourist visa must provide compelling reason(s) to demonstrate their intention to return to Thailand.

"It is considered a crime to do this by U.S. Immigration & Homeland Security."

Only if they can prove the there was intent to apply for Change of status prior to entry. Very difficult to do.

There does appear to be a consular officer in Bangkok that is having difficulty understanding that there are people in world that work overseas permanently and wish to take their Thai wives to visit the US and do not need an immigrate visa. Two of my friends were asked why they don't apply for the green card when they went in to get their wivesâ?? 2nd 10 years visa.

TH

Two of my friends were asked why they don't apply for the green card when they went in to get their wivesâ?? 2nd 10 years visa.

TH

A green card (which used to be really pink, by the way) indicates that you are a "permanent alien resident". If you spend over six months out of the USA, a couple of times, then they cancel the green card.

Saw it happen to a friend of mine married to a Japanese lady.

Also, saw the arrival immi folks fine a Japanese lady $250 because her green card had expired, even though she applied for the renewal over five years ago! but the Immi's have been sitting on their azz and she had to pay!!!

The USA is completely f#cked up with the immi situation!!! and getting worse!!!

I tried to help a Thai lady, married to a USA citizen get a visa, she was denied. They said that "...she might stay in the USA..."...daaahhhhhh...she is eligible to stay in the USA and to apply for a green card...azzhole US Embassy idiots!!!!

My friggin' tax dollar...up in smoke for these idiots...but the ambassador has a kickazz house he lives at on Wireless Road!!! :mad:

I think you guys were extremely harsh on the OP. Not very friendly at all.

While I do agree with you folks about the chances of a girl in the industry getting a visa, I know several girls who are not in the industry who have applied for tourist visas and they got 10 years. None of the decent folk that I know got turned down, though one had to wait a couple of months.

<>

Guest lazyphil

my mrs got a 10 year US visa on the spot (passport followed 5 days later), walk in the park, in fact the US is far mor convenient than the shenagins tourist visa, 3 times gone to austria, 3 times needed to apply for a visa :mad:

Two of my friends were asked why they don't apply for the green card when they went in to get their wivesâ?? 2nd 10 years visa.

TH

A green card (which used to be really pink' date=' by the way) indicates that you are a "permanent alien resident". If you spend over six months out of the USA, a couple of times, then they cancel the green card.

Saw it happen to a friend of mine married to a Japanese lady.

Also, saw the arrival immi folks fine a Japanese lady $250 because her green card had expired, even though she applied for the renewal over five years ago! but the Immi's have been sitting on their azz and she had to pay!!!

The USA is completely f#cked up with the immi situation!!! and getting worse!!!

I tried to help a Thai lady, married to a USA citizen get a visa, she was denied. They said that "...she might stay in the USA..."...daaahhhhhh...she is eligible to stay in the USA and to apply for a green card...azzhole US Embassy idiots!!!!

My friggin' tax dollar...up in smoke for these idiots...but the ambassador has a kickazz house he lives at on Wireless Road!!! :mad: [/quote']

Can someone explain why it is when people donâ??t take the time and effort to understand and follow the rules regulations of a government it is the governments fault. I guess this is part of the western I am always a victim and nothing is my fault culture we have devloped.

The rules for keeping your green card current when traveling and living overseas are fairly clear cut, but do require some effort on the holderâ??s part. (hint lookup re-entry permit).

I have at least a half dozen friends who live overseas and their wives have no problem keeping the green card current. As a matter of fact, once they have lived in the US for a year, and then move overseas working for US company, they can get a US passport without waiting the 3 years. Know 2 ladies that have done that.

TH

I work with a guy (Filipino) who went "home" to the P.I. One prioblem, he is not a U.S. citezen, and he left his Green card home in the USA. So he tries to come back, gets held off the flight to the USA, and sent back to PI...his mom finds his green card, and Fed Exs it to him, he tries again, but it was expired or something, so he had to sort it at the enmbassy in Manila.

Boss gives him the time off, no worries...when he comes back, he is pissed at the "stupid U.S. government for all the bullshit. The punk has lived in the US almost 20 years, I asked why he didn't become a citezen. He turned his nose up at the Idea, declared he shouldn't have to, and he is a "Pinoy Pa Rin" (still/always a Filipino). He then says if he becomes a US citezin then he cannot own all the land he inherited in the PI...

These rats want it all ways to their advantage, yet don't want to take the few hours every 10 years to fill out soma papers and mail them in, to keep their crap going. we are stupid enough to go along...don't get me started on this topic...

Why???

Errr, from my experience...you phone one of the US agencies and you are on "hold" for 2 hours.

...you talk to two different gov officials and get two completely different answers.

...there is no info on the gov website.

...you want to check on something, it is listed on the gov website as "processing" and has been processing for two years.

...you phone to inquire on the "processing", on hold for two hours, only to be told that they will investigate and get back to you in one month.

...you contact your state senetor to have him speed things up. After one week, he informs you that he can not do anything.

...you hire a lawyer to cut thru the red tape and spped things up, nothing getdone but he bills you $1500 USD.

...you go down to immi, after making an appointment two weeks ahead of time, only to be told that the computer shows "processing" and that is all they can tell you.

...there are NO DIRECT PHONE NUMBERS to talk to anyone. They all hide behind this security bullsh%t.

All of these are true and I have been involved in all of them.

So how the f&ck are you suppose to follow any f&cking laws if the azzholes in the gov have no idea what they are doing???

THAT IS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

These rats want it all ways to their advantage, yet don't want to take the few hours every 10 years to fill out soma papers and mail them in, to keep their crap going. we are stupid enough to go along...don't get me started on this topic...

Understand the "don't get me started" as I am coming the other way on this.

Filled out all the paperwork.

Paid the $$$.

Continued to check, what was the hold up, only to get either no answers or "we just changed computers and can not tell you anything".

My case, this has been going on for five f&cking years! All US gov bullsh%t hiding behind this NSA security crap!!! Just another excuse for them NOT to do their jobs and to hassle US citizens! :shocked:

Archived