tourist visa to u.s.

asialuver1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen!

I "paid" for my rights, with blood, sweat and tears.

I didn't roll off a plane, sign up for welfare and then start bitchin' that the street signs weren't in my native language.

Hey, deal with it or go back to where you came from! You (the new, complaining immigrants) haven't earned the privilege to complian. You haven't done squat for the country, so shut up!!! :soapbox:

One cannot change the status of a non-immigrant Tourist Visa to that of an Immigrant Visa once in the States on the Tourist Visa.

Yes you can. I have done it with my Mrs. At least you could, as this was back in the early 90s. Dunno about now.

Cheers,

SD

You can dial U.S. Immigration & Homeland Security in Bangkok (66) 02-205-5352 and they answer the phone promptly and will answer any/all questions in a curteous manner.

:bow:

I was referring to the USA and the 1-800 number that INS has setup to call.

When you get to talk with a "real person" they take the info and then say, "...get back to you in about one month..."

been there, did it and didn't even get a tee-shirt

Yes, I also did it, no problem but that was with wife #2 some years ago.

Now it has all changed.

For example, I inquired on getting a visa for a Chinese person I am doing business with as I need him to be in the USA for some weeks...answer to how long he can stay..."...up to the immi at the border...". it may be 2 weeks or three months.

Great answer...NOT! how do I make business plans based on such unknowns???

"Only if they can prove the there was intent to apply for Change of status prior to entry."

One cannot change the status of a non-immigrant Tourist Visa to that of an Immigrant Visa once in the States on the Tourist Visa.

Yes you can, one way is by marrying them :( Not the best option maybe...

Yes, I also did it, no problem but that was with wife #2 some years ago.

Now it has all changed.

For example, I inquired on getting a visa for a Chinese person I am doing business with as I need him to be in the USA for some weeks...answer to how long he can stay..."...up to the immi at the border...". it may be 2 weeks or three months.

Great answer...NOT! how do I make business plans based on such unknowns???

Try asking for the maximum amount of time, writing a letter of invite explaining what the purpose of his visit is etc...a business visa if possible?

Archived