What team should I like?

Old Hippie

O.k. I have started to sort of enjoy "Soccer." The Premier league, and the world cup stuff. Now, of course, I really know little about it. But, I do understand that liking the wrong team in the wrong place could get me hurt, or at least cost me some friends.

So, what team should I like? Is there an official team of Nanaplaza.com? I know some really like "ManU" and others really hate them. Chocolate Steve like Arsenal I believe. How is Liverpool? would that be a good team for me to "support?" Thanks in advance. I look foreward to buying a nice dress shirt with the appropriate team logo next time in Thailand!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH, why don't you support Team America,

here's their anthem;

America, fuck yeah

Coming again to save the motherfucking day yeah

America, fuck yeah,

Freedom is the only way yeah

Terrorists your game is through

since you have to answer to

America, fuck yeah,

So lick my butt and suck on my balls

America, fuck yeah

Great team to support :beer:

OH, there is a saying in 'soccer'. You don't choose a team, your team chooses you. That's what happened with me. I saw Arsenal, liked something intangible about them. Didn't know jack squat about them.

My recommendation is just be a fan and sooner or later you'll see a club that you feel connected to in a special way. The only drawback is you will see more of certain teams over here than all 20 teams in the top league.

This is an interesting little story about one american sportswriters journey in picking an english club.

OH, a bit of advice. American supporters generally aren't respected as much (rightfully so) because we pick sides willy nilly. This site is the exception me, frog patrol and any other american love our clubs like we love our families. But the guys I've come across in the states in the office or where ever are luke warm fans at best, by and large. A guy at my job said he was a Chelsa and an Arsenal fan. Unheard of in England. Its like saying you're a BoSox and Yankees fan. or Lakers and Celtics fan. We'll (Americans) pick the best team a lot of the times. What I call the NY Yankees disease. Picking the best team so you can always see them win. Also, its a lifetime marriage. The passion for the club far exceeds what we have in the states.

So, you can't choose one club and then a few years later you decide you like someone else. You can have a favorite team in different countries, possible even in different divisions in the same country under certain circumstances but NEVER in the same league and there is always only ONE 'alpha club' that you support above all else.

I can only say that if you choose Man Yoo, you will be accused of being a band wagon fan as we say in the states or 'glory hunter' as they say in England. It may not be true but you'll have to 'prove' your love. I'd say the same about Chelsea right now as well. A few years ago the same could be said about Arsenal and 15 years ago, Liverpool.

Question though, what got you started watching it? For me it was Stockholm Syndrome. Stuck in Asia with expat Brits at a bar and no NFL, NBA or MLB on tv.

For my sake for the love of God DON'T pick Tottenham or Man Yoo or Chelsea. If you do, I'll still love ya buddy but it would be with a wary eye :smirk:

I don'y know if you heard but Mr. Thaksin was linked with a share buy out of Liverpool a couple of seasons ago, he was going to do this with funds from a national lottery, but alas it all fell through for him.

Do you want to be associated with that sort of a team? There are lots of others to choose from.

Archived