American Breakfast in BKK

This is to get the forum started ._. Summaries of (paraphrased) posts from old board:

FOODLAND - BKK SOI 5

"Took Lae Dee" restaurants inside of Foodland make the classic "American breakfast" and have it down to perfection (tho other posters disagreed). It is 55 baht but you can get it for 39 baht if you order between 5:00 - 9:00 am ? LOCATED on Soi5, a few 100 Meters on the left side. It's a large supermarket , cheaper than am/pm and 7/11, very good fresh meet and a food Court, right behind the entrance?. btw according to the menu they also have other locations and are open 24 hours a day!

NANA HOTEL - BKK

Has a breakfast buffet. They provide a decent mix of Western and Thai Foods. When I am in the LOS, I like to have a mixture of both for breakfast. The Western breakfast is not great, but adequate for the Western palate - certainly a lot better than most of the 'Western breakfasts' I have had in hotels in China. I am not sure how much is cost (I only eat there when I am a guest at the Nana Hotel, in which case the breakfast is complimentary), but I think it is 100 or 110 baht. Since it is 'all you can eat', I usually eat enough to get me through to dinner. So, if you eat a large breakfast, it is a fairly good value. There are usually a few really cute waitresses to ogle there while you are eating.

BOURBON STREET - BKK

Has an A1 American Breakfast, I believe its 85 baht... The sausage, is about the best I ever tasted... Hard to beat this breafast in the states, at 3 times the money... http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/overview.html

BOBBIES DELI - PATPONG

Has anybody mentioned the great "all day breakfast" at Bobbies Deli on Patpong 2..? 3 eggs, baked beans, fried potatoes, Canadian bacon ( and some pretty poor sausages),(try to trade them for extra bacon), all the coffee you care to drink, toast....Maybe I forgot something, but give it a try. Not too pricey if i remember, just over the 100 baht mark.

OLD DUTCH KITCHEN - SOI COWBOY 100 baht American breakfast - got a number of Good Reviews!

On the corner of Soi Cowboy and Soi 23

THE BUS STOP - BKK ? SOI 4 near Nana ? 95 baht American breakfast

There's a small English pub (left hand side walking away from Suk and just after dynasty) opposite Nana Hotel on Suk 4. They bring in their own English bacon and Pork Sausages with chips, 2 eggs, toast, juice & coffee....just like Ma made. Bon Apetit

The pub next to the Dynasty Inn is 'Chequers'. 'Jool's', another pub, is a little further down Soi #4.

The Dynasty Inn serves some decent 'SOS' (creamed beef on toast).

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: tc4rob ]

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: tc4rob ]

[ May 18, 2001: Message edited by: coss ]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nana bacon is a little trite.

Foodland OK

Landmark is expensive (400 bht I think) but is really the best I've had.

Majestic a'la carte and anglified.

Stalls on the street cheap and honest but don't be the first or last customer of the day.

This board format is going to take some getting used to...

I liked the buffet breakfast at the Siam Sq. Novotel, a very good selection. However nothing in my opinion beats the Royal River buffet. I've fallen in love three times in Bangkok, once to my wife, once to the door lady at the Landmark Hotel, and once to Omlett (sp?) lady at the Royal River Hotel. I don't know if its the hat and white chef uniform or what, but there is something going on right with her, I just enjoy watching, and the one morning when she said good morning to me, well, I'll never feel the same.

Chequers is good for breakfast

Because of all the good reviews I tried My Old Dutch a few weeks ago. Will not go again.

I prefer Chequers.

Service was poor despite my being the only customer and there being a half dozen waitresses.

Food was OK but only OK. I find that the breakfast at Chequers to be better in quality.

Busstop I like to drink in but I pass on the food though I hearmany good reviews re the burgers. I do not go beyond the chips which are fine . Twice in the past I tried their Thai food not good at all. It is better to ask one of the young ladies to pop outside and fetch some pad thai or som tam.

Breakfast options are numerous now in BKK.where as a few years ago it was like you couldn't find one anywhere. I quite like the Bus Stop, the breakfast is good and its a great place to carry on drinking. I good afternoon scene.

If I find myself in the silom area late morning then its usually Bobby's Arms. the breakfast is reasonably priced and plenty of it. Yours-Ants wink.gif" border="0

To Bladerunner:

Just a correction: Au Bon Pain is in Discovery Centre which is adjacent to Siam Centre (on the left). And you forgot to mention the many pretty girls who hang out there - an almost unforgivable oversight! laugh.gif" border="0

Thanks for correction and important information. You are right about the beautiful girls hanging around. Maybe that is why the coffee seemed so good!

What about the Maxims on Soi 11 ? tried it a couple of years ago and wasn't bad. Can't agree with comments about Bourbon Street, used to eat there when I was desperate but found it greasy, served with a scowl and well over priced (by the time you add the various tax's and service charges)

I tend to avoid the Sukhumvit branch of Took La Dee also. The service is indifferent at best, due mainly to the clientel I would guess...drunks falling out of Nana sois.

I do enjoy a cheap feed at their other branches however, favs being on Ramkaheang & Srinakarind. All the outlets are open 24h and only Patpong and Petchburi Foodland's don't have the the Took La Dees AFAIK.

Cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by db_sez_aloha:

Reply to original message:

FOODLAND - BKK SOI 5

I have to disagree here -- the restaurant here has been nothing but a disappointment on each of my 3 visits and I won't try again.

db

Archived