American Breakfast in BKK

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stickman,

gays in Au Bon Pain?? I must be blind on that eye, never seen any. Well, maybe I have a strange psychological condition, I only see girls, girls, women, girls, women ...

I have a record in my collection which goes "Every girl I see looks good to me ...".

Couldn't agree more. cool.gif" border="0

As I'm reading this board I am sitting in my house in the US eating a steak breakfast bagel from McDonalds.

I'll be here for 2 weeks before returning to LOS. Will probably OD on Egg McMuffins and other assorted breakfast goodies, sandwiches, and Mexican food, none of which, IMO, are available in satisfactory form in Thailand.

PS the best breakfast I ever had in LOS was in a little cafe in Pattaya overlooking the beach. The farang food down there just seems to be plain better than in BKK.

Flashermac, for some reason they tend to use the phrase "American Breakfast" in LOS, to describe, as you correctly put it, an "English Breakfast" ie Eggs, Bacon, Tomatoes, Beans, Toast, Hash Browns etc. All washed down with strong coffee and OJ.

The ultimate hangover cure

OK let me clear this up once and for all.

An English breakfast consists of

A bowl of cereals drenched in ice cold milk or a boiled egg (or both)

followed by

eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, fried bread, fried tomatoes and a slice of plain bread to mop it all up.

followed by

toast and marmalade

followed by coffee.

And no-one makes it better than my mom. Thank you.

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Bangkok Phil ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

OK let me clear this up once and for all.

An English breakfast consists of

A bowl of cereals drenched in ice cold milk or a boiled egg (or both)

Phil how do you drench your cereal with a boiled egg?

wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

My Mom can do anything with an English breakfast. When she's buttering my slices of toast for example - she spreads them super fast and always makes sure I get a big knob.

An alaska breakfast on the morning after a night you did not go out is whatever is left in the fridge...usually eaten cold..

Same on the morning after a night you went out is Maalox and fat girl snatch followed by self loathing...........

AS one who once lived in the Land Down Under (under Canada, that is), I am confused. Just what is an American breakfast? A bowl of Wheaties, the breakfast of champions? A hot bowl of Maypo or Cream of Wheat? Count Chocula or Frankenberries? Eggs, bacon, toast and grits? Fried potatoes and onions with a slab of fried corned beef hash on top???

I have an American neighbour who eats peanut butter and mustard sandwiches for breakfast. When he once saw me with a plate of fried potatoes and onion, with toasts and a fried egg, his telling remark was: "That looks like something an ENGLISHMAN would eat!" So obviously, I'm out of touch with the States these days. Just what is an American breakfast? (Left over cold pizza and a glass of beer?)

Archived