All Leagues But Premier League Discussion

ChristianTroy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,

Vitesse didn't make it to the Intertoto play offs, the first game at home was a 2-2 draw and the away game yesterday ended in a goalless draw, so Utrecht can start playing next week for a spot in the Uefa Cup.

Sorry Steve, no luck this season.

I'm I the only one who finds that away-goal rule ridiculous?

I mean, think about it...each team scored twice. Fuck me if it were in my grandmother's backyard, with a header, overhead kick or any other ground.

No team outscored another!!!!!!!! the least they could do is decide with shoot-outs if their imagination is too limited to think of something more cunning :)

Ridiculous!

Sorry Limbo en Steve.

Goodluck next season!

sorry Zaad,but i agree with the away goals rule.

it encourages the away Team to try and get at least one Goal and not have them sit back and put 11 men behind the ball for 90 Minutes....

Their encouragement should come from the WILL to win a/every game.

Sitting back is a tactic which will always be present in this sport, whether you score a goal or not, play home or way, depending on the needed result and (of course) the strength of a team.

I'm not talking about making games more exciting, it's good the way it is, just that not unimportant thing that other (all?) sports have of *outscoring* the opponent would seem like a fair thing to me. Maybe it's just me.

:rolleyes:

golden goal,silver goal have already been tried and then disregarded.

penalties are not ideal but at the moment the only option apart from away goals.

but how many times have we seen Teams play for penalties and hope to win in the shootout.

personally i like the drama of penalties but i also like the idea which is sometimes talked about.

take the penalties before the game and then that way the team which loses know they have to go for a win.

away Goals is a good option as the away team has the mindset of trying to get at least 1 Goal.

They have this mindset already by wanting (needing) to win games by outscoring opponents regardless where you play.

As I said .. sitting back will always be present in this sports depending on many factors.

This away goal rule has no influence whatsoever on the excitement of the sport.

It's a mere rule which states what team is more deserving of going to the next round... on a basis of where goals are scored and not how many :dunno:

Again Sayjann, I understand what you're trying to say, but this rule is nowhere near fair and complete. As if someone was writing a book and died halfway....... :)

The away goal rule can be very hard when it was a 3:3 and 2:2

two equal teams that obviously played offensive should have the right to settle it on the field and not through regulations!

The away goal rule should only apply when in one of two legs one team didn't score!

Archived