All Leagues But Premier League Discussion

ChristianTroy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dutch league is a great league to watch!

Great football all along! If they just had a bit more money it would be one of the top leagues in europe! Too bad they are more like an experience school for the european top teams!

Bundesliga is struggeling, the major teams suck this year, i guess they are paying the bills for the world cup now! Bayern Munich didnt have one convincing game, Ballack is missing everywhere and Van Bommel can't fill the gap! Werder Bremen is nothing when Klose is injured! It is gonna be the worst season ever and i am afraid none of the 3 teams will make it to the 2nd round in champions league!

• 3 weeks later...

What's wrong with HSV these days? They're 2nd from the bottom and have yet to win a game. :dunno:

Along with them, Dortmund and Leverkussen are also highly disappointing.

Gladbach are overachieving and I'm happy with that. They're probably the team I'd choose if I had to choose one.

Only negative about the German league are the incredibly ugly team names: Rostock - Bochum - Alemania Aachen - Paderborn - Energie Cottbus and my all-time favorite Unterhaching, God knows what it means :grinyes:

Hahaha, yeah the names all sound like Schwarzenegger :)

Well the HSV was on summer sale discount, they sol their key players and their best player Van Der Faart is injured, selling Bouhlarouz and Van Buyten is like having the jackpot in the lottery and giving it to a stranger for half the money! They have bought Gurero who was benchwarmer in munich!

Speaking of Munich

Felix Magath was under presure since he had 4 top class strikers with Maakay, Podolski, Pizaro and Santa Cruz he always pissed people off by letting play only two of them! His system was a 4-2-2-2. Now the media attacked him really hard and even Rummenigge and Beckenbaur told him to play attractive footbal the people would pay loads of money to come see them play.

Under presure he decided to play against Herta BSC Berlin (leader of the table) with a 4:3:3

I say it again, Berlin was on pole position and Munich played their best first half I have ever seen! Podolski, Maakay and Pizaro layed as they never did anything else! They were changin positions all the time. Dream goals by all 3 of them. Schweinsteiger is in the shape of his life and so is Lahm. I really hoe that Magath will use this system in Lisboa on wednesday. FYI the game ended 4:2

Even more impressive was Werder Bremen who won 6:0 and now they are on #1. They bought an argentinian player named Diego, unsuccesful in Portugal in Bremen he is god! 4 times voted player of the day in the entire Bundesliga! Let me remind you that Bremen has almost beaten Barcelona in the Killer Group, I was complaining about that before. They are one of the top 5 teams in europe this year, the problem is that they have the best 2 in their group already and only 2 will make it through the next round!

Next weekend is a very interesting weekend in the Dutch league, starting with Vitesse visiting NEC, their absolute archrival, a win there almost makes the season.

Also on that weekend;

Feyenoord - Ajax, the classic match between two Ducth giants

AZ - PSV, a very important game for the top 4 rankings.

Think you mentioned this already CT, but what is it again and what does it and why would you want to see Ducth football for 90 minutes? The one game a week is hard enough for me to follow on UBC and that's not because the Thai or Chinese commentary. :banghead:

Archived