Bin Laden Dead......

Bkkbound04

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OBL dead?..........ok.

if true don't you think GWB would have been crowing from the rooftops how his war on terror was working.

the story might be new but i would imagine the Yanks would have sent thousands of people to investigate the 'rumour'.

he would do anything to justify the billions spent and hundreds of American lives lost since 'his' war started.

not that i believe the story anyway.

i attended a BBQ last Week where i'm sure i saw OBL cooking ribs while Elvis performed many of his hits on a karaoke machine.

Please explain how anything, from any newspaper published by the [French - KS] could in any way be considered Republican?

Americans who hate the French seem to have a very poor grasp on history. If not for the French, us Yanks would be drinking tea and singing "God Save the Queen!" Comte de Grasse's defeat of the Royal Navy at Chesapeake cut the supply lines to the British forces, allowing the Franco-American (yes, correct terminology, as there were more French soldiers there than American) victory at Yorktown which ended the war.

We should still be thanking the French, as much as some Yanks arrogantly feel the need remind them that if "not for us you'd be speaking German." Funny that they never do that, so I'll do it for them.

This is not to mention the great gift they gave us in 1885, which has become the symbol of the nation.

We owe the French a hell of a lot...

Regards,

SD

Please explain how anything' date=' from any newspaper published by the [French - KS'] could in any way be considered Republican?

Americans who hate the French seem to have a very poor grasp on history. If not for the French, us Yanks would be drinking tea and singing "God Save the Queen!" Comte de Grasse's defeat of the Royal Navy at Chesapeake cut the supply lines to the British forces, allowing the Franco-American (yes, correct terminology, as there were more French soldiers there than American) victory at Yorktown which ended the war.

We should still be thanking the French, as much as some Yanks arrogantly feel the need remind them that if "not for us you'd be speaking German." Funny that they never do that, so I'll do it for them.

This is not to mention the great gift they gave us in 1885, which has become the symbol of the nation.

We owe the French a hell of a lot...

Regards,

SD

The history I learned also said that the economic disaster in France, which was blamed on Louis 16 and Marie Antoinette, was due to the French expenditures in supporting us during the American Revolution.

The idiocy of f*cking "Freedom Fries" boggles my mind (not that my mind isn't easily/permanently boggled).

The history I learned also said that the economic disaster in France, which was blamed on Louis 16 and Marie Antoinette, was due to the French expenditures in supporting us during the American Revolution.

Not really true - the taxes were just payed by the poor so not enough money.

But the french monarchy supported the american revolution. So did the radical aristocrats amongst them a lot of experienced officers and generals, do you think it had been possible for some untrained american soldiers and officers to beat an army without the support of the french officers. Sancta simplicitas!

Archived