When the News doesn't fit

Fidel

I was on my way to a wedding near Islamabad yesterday. We came across a roadblock manned by armed police. We asked what was going on and were told that 8 or 9 people had been just been shot by armed men in some kind of factional dispute. We got the same story each place we stopped while detouring to reach our destination.

A story about it appeared in the local press.

I came back to Islamabad last night and googled it to find out WTF was going on. And this is what I found:

[color:green]

8 killed, 50 wounded in Pak. bus mishap

Islamabad, Sept. 23 (AP): A bus lost control and collided head-on with another on a narrow road near the Pakistani capital on Saturday, killing at least eight passengers and wounding about 50 others, police said.

The accident happened in Rawat, a town near Islamabad. The injured were transported to hospitals and were listed in a critical condition, said Ghulam Mustafa, an area police official.

Mustafa gave no further details, but added that the police were still investigating.

Road accidents are common in Pakistan mainly because of poorly maintained vehicles and road conditions and wide disregard for traffic rules.[/color]

Strange eh?

Archived