fried insects

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Sukhumvit:

Whatever I ingest, when I poop it smells like roses and jasmine. It's a trick I learned from a yogi in India. Took me seven long years but I'm still grateful to the old chap. OMMMMM, poop, shanti, shanti, poop, ...

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

To Bikini_Line:

No, the insect has been eaten, consumed, CONSUMED IN HOT FLAMES OF PASSION, etc., etc.

But who talks about yesterday's meals ...?

Till later, I'm off ... to eat (the genuine version). laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Has anyone actually seen bugs being harvested with DDT. I have heard it said many times and seen nonce. I am beginning to think that it is an urban myth. True or not if DDT is being used in Thailand, I would be surprised if it weren't, you will be exposed to it.

Several years ago I was with a friend collecting crickets in Sumatera, and the locals were so adept at catch crickets that DDT would have not have increased their productivity greatly. Using DDT is not exactly like blowing up reefs and having all the fish float up to the top. The way we did it was by putting out wet newspaper at night and scooping them up in the morning. Several hours of work would produce enough crickets to keep a handfull of bargirls happy for a day or two had we been in Thaland. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who prepare these delites don't just collect the eggs and grow them in a tank filled with wood shavings or newspapers. However if the use newspaper one might be concerned about the dioxin in the newsprint.

Throwing caution to the wind I have to admit I almost like the crickets, but I have to pass on the waterbugs (cockroaches) as the use to much shrimp paste.

I remember reading a government warning some years back about the consumption of DDT-contaminated locusts. The papers reported on it.

Among all the creepies mentioned, the esteemed gourmets on the board seem to have forgotten about field rats. They sell for about 80 Baht/kilo and you even get them very close to Bkk, for example in Pathum Thani.

And what about the dogs and cats in Tha Lae, 40 km from Sakhon Nakhon ... crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Bikini_Line:

To Sukumvit

He didn't eat anything special...he've just never called me chick! that's it
wink.gif" border="0

BL

LOL at BL.

No offence BL but to raise issue with someone calling you "chick" when your own handle is Bikini Line is a bit like a guy calling himself Jock Strap and then objecting to someone calling him "dude" (or something sexist like that, not that I can think of anything apart from "cockhound").

But in future I will try to be less of a male chauvinist pig.

Sorry, now where's my video of The Thong Song?

wink.gif" border="0

Archived