And people say Farangs are bad

Nervous_Dog

So I am toldd the wife and niece are off to a wedding Saturday, and I will be very bored so I didnt have to go.

Who'se getting marrried I ask?

Then I remember a few weeks back getting a agitiated call from the Brother in law asking if I had seen his younger (26) brother.

No, no one else had, turns out the father of some girl was pretty pissed and younger brother has done a runner.

NOW it seems he his past has caught up with him and a 80 000 baht sin sot is being paid in 2 installemtns for the girl, who turns out to be 15!!!!!

FARK,

Brother in law, who is a very nice bloke doesn;t want to got to wedding, he's against sin sot for his own daughter, but rekons his younger brother deserves the "fine"

Wife says girl in question is a really nice kid, who has no idea what a nice man is, and marriage will fail in a few months.

Arrgghhhhh - someone make a TV show of this I think

DOG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Som nam naa. There you go.

But: It's still better than younger brother having to marry a goat

...though...

on second thought THAT wouldn't invariably create another unhappy existence...

Family in the countryside: an always sparkling fountain of activities that make your eyebrows wander into the hairline.

Usually I love it - but when it comes to "extended family" I have to leave it more often than not, too.

Similar thing just seen here.

Wifes friend has son from previous marriage, I think about 18, no doubt like most of us at that age his prime directive is to 'get some'. Girl is 16 lives a couple of clicks away. Once news gets out she has been 'got at' (no secrets in this fair land) Mama demands retribution for the loss of daughters saleability. Big money and marriage, village style, no paperwork. Nobody but the grubbing Mama wants this, demands it actually as 'Thai style'.

Three weeks later daughter is back home, give it six months and she'll 'discover' another world!

Comment: From what I have personally seen pretty much without exception amongst the non university schooled Thai public, any pre marital sex, requires marriage, or a very hefty payment.

Cheers

M.

Archived