And people say Farangs are bad

Nervous_Dog

Yes, lets give the world the same lack of choice, career politicians, back handers, corruption, special interest groups lobbying the government, deceit, secrecy, lack of human rights, lack of access to material deemed by others to be classified, spying on the very people who elected them, economic mismanagement, lack of expertise, short term gain, lack of vision, lack of deferred gratification, manipulation of the masses, lack of integrity, self interest, caving into business interests, beaucracy, poor legal process....oh, the list is endless....sure, democracy following a western model is just wonderful...everyone should have it...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but this statement of yours is total garbage.

example...

in WW2 it was part of German culture to view the Jews as vermin.

Following your profound logic' date=' we should have respected this. Utter rubbish bust1

[/quote']

It is not a statement but an accurate explanation of what a "culture" is. Shoot the message not the messanger. WW2 is a very poor example as the Nazi Party were just that a political entity not a culture.

The nazis sought to create a culture...the third reich...everything from birth to death...education, religion, history, identity...the whole lot...

Another example...the taliban....in Afganistan....

Lower caps used intentionally.

However, what i have said is correct, culture is dynamic, influenced by those in power at the time who seek to shape public opinion based upon their own agenda. English 'culture' has changed a lot over the last 100 years for example. Cultural 'norms' nowadays are nothing like those in Victorian England.

Sorry but this statement of yours is total garbage.

example...

in WW2 it was part of German culture to view the Jews as vermin.

Following your profound logic' date=' we should have respected this. Utter rubbish bust1

[/quote']

It is not a statement but an accurate explanation of what a "culture" is. Shoot the message not the messanger. WW2 is a very poor example as the Nazi Party were just that a political entity not a culture.

Yes, but didn't the values of the Nazi party become the culture for awhile? My adopted dad, and Austrian, says Germans are still trying to figure out how they got caught up in all that, and seemingly went with it for a time. He also likens the Neo-con/ Neo Nationalist Movement in the USA to that line of thinking.

In Iraq we the west trying to force their democracy on others with a predictable outcome. Many in Iraq wants a form of democracy but not dictated from the west but formed by their own incorporating their culture.

"By we the west" please don't include me! The majority of the world didn't wanted it' date=' never forget that, now since this bullshit happenend the WEST doesnt have another choice than trying to install democracy, you can't just destroy a country and it's government without trying to rebuild it! Of course the west is using democracy, since it works best for us and best for the world!

Installing democracy is not a bad thing in my book, invading a country for absolutely no valid reason is! [/quote']

Installing a democracy _ against _ the wishes of the population? ;)

Contries have autonomy and need to find their own ways. We can refuse to deal with such contries, we can offer incentives for them to change, we can act as role models, but we can not attack them and put a gun to their heads, even if we do think that raping and killing girls for having sex or even being raped is cruel and inhuman.

It's their contry, their values, and it's up to them to change.

I despice such a culture my self.

I agree that some behaviours appear barbaric, but only when we impose our cultural values on them.

A little naive thinking maybe? You are saying here that we impose our thought material on other cultures and by that we make them barbaric... :doah: So ALL Islamic women LOVE being stoned to death cause they want to divorce their physically abusive husband or had a fuck with somebody else??? ALL Islamic women who are in Purdah (wearing these tents) that cover even their eyes LOVE falling on the streets cause they cant see where the sideway starts and being laughed at? All Hindoe women LOVE getting their faces burned off cause she is not up to spec according to her husband or family in law? All North African women LOVE to get their clits and many times also their lips cut off with dirty knives to be sewed up with needle and thread and cut open when she marries? Yes that is DEFINATELY our fault... :cussing:

BTW These examples are not exceptions.

Archived