Durian friendly hotels?

adikgede

I would like to know what hotels are both guest friendly and Durian friendly. However the reason I am posting this here and not in the accomadations section is to illicit any Durian anecdotes.

I have heard that Durian could be lethal if mixed with whiskey, but haven't yet had the chance to try that out on family or loved ones.

As for it being an aphrodisiac, I think that the film Tampopo demonstarted that this is more a matter of how than what. Durians texture alone should lend itself to some lubricious scenarios.

• 3 weeks later...

Over the past few years most hotels in the LOS put up the NO DURIAN posters. I get around it by buying just the edible portion rather than the entire fruit. It keeps in the fridge for 1-2 days without stinking up the room. And I put any durian related garbage somewhere other than my room.

I often eat durian in the afternoon and drink whiskey in the early evening; never had any problems. However, once I made a mistake of drinking beer. That I do not recommend.

Surprisingly, quite a few LBFMs do not like durian.

I've heard that the best kind of durian is called moon+ thong (golden pillow).

I have seen some girls coming out with red spots and others will swelling faces as well. It does not stop them eating it though.There has to be something in that Durian that is powerful stuff. The first guy that tried it must have been brave to eat something smelling like that.

Archived