Lao coffee in BKK

quote:

Originally posted by Flashermac:

The French are civilised? Hell, they don't even bathe but once a month.

I seem to remember a survey in the UK which concluded that the average citizen owns half a tooth-brush ..., which means ...

A few years ago, I was in Paris with my Thai boss. We stayed at a Sofatiel (sp?) hotel. That evening we had a business meeting on one of the river cruise boats. We were outside trying to get a taxi. The taxis were all lined up waiting for fares. While we were standing there waiting, the drivers were having some sort of disagreement. Seems that none of the bastards wanted to take us. The doorman of the hotel had a few sharp words with the drivers and one of them pulled out of the middle of the line and motioned for us to get in. To say that he had body odor is a gross understatement. He stunk so bad that it made my eyes water. There is no doubt in my mind that he was chosen for this reason. My boss, being Thai was quite ashamed of ME for bitching about the service and the MEN MAHK driver.

Gary

Ha! French being civilized? The rudest people on the face of the Earth. At least the Thais have the decency of bathing before sex and after! There sure ain't no shortage of water in Bangkok. Weak Nescafe coffee in Thailand? Why do you think us Americans invented Starbucks and invaded BKK with it? There's plenty of places compared to a few years ago where you can get a good cup of coffee/cappuchino albeit a bit expensive. I often opt for the Thai ice tea instead of the overpriced coffee. shocked.gif" border="0

Archived