Ploughman's Lunch

Just as I got my taste buds working with the thought of a nice crusty ploughman's, I also had a vision of a great big smelly kipper with melted butter and crusty bread - yum yum

Tom Yam Kung can go and f*** itself!!

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

Believe me Wild. I was in the high-class catering business for several years, and for the people who know their smoked salmon - only Scottish will do!

High class catering where Phil? Borneo?

OK now to serious.....

I have been lucky enough to have participated in blind tasting of salmon before I ended my high class status (East Coast Yuppie scum) when I moved up here..the tassty morsels included AK Red, AK Silver, Atlantic, AK King, Washington State Silver, Scottish....I and about 90 %=/- others consistently chose Alaska Red...for consistency all samples were smoked the same way by the same smokehouse, all were flash frozen upon catch then defrosted prior to smoking...the Red was always the most flavorful and had the best texture..

Tell ya what, tho, since ya dont beleive me we must then organize another taste test yes?

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

I also had a vision of a great big smelly kipper with melted butter and crusty bread - yum yum

There's a lovely little shop at Bridlington harbour where they will mail kippers to you!!

Not sure if they have many orders from this part of the world!!

Found this one , but its not in Bridlington.... http://www.iom.com/homepages/terrystradingpost/

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

Archived