Ploughman's Lunch

Could any of you gentleman please oblige me with what you would consider to be the main ingredients of a ploughman's lunch.

Don't forget a pint of shandy to go with it.

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

Could any of you gentleman please oblige me with what you would consider to be the main ingredients of a ploughman's lunch.

Don't forget a pint of shandy to go with it.

Hmmm, I would say: Ham, Strong cheese

(preferably Cheddar or Stilton). A fresh wholewheat bread roll with butter,Pickled onions, Salad, and of course Branston Pickle...maybe even some cream crackers..

God I am starving!!!!

Roger

Phil

I'm a little reticent about replying to this, I feel sure you have something cutting to say. What the hell here goes, a typical ploughman's, from my extensive research in too many British pubs.

Strong Cheddar or Blue Stilton

Hunk of crusty bread

Spring onion or three

radishes

lettuce

butter (salted)

Tomatoes

Branston pickle

Maybe some cucumber

F**k the shandy I'll have a pint of warm gruntfuttocks boarstrangler real ale and a flash of the barmaids T-backs.

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: coquetislander ]

LOL no Coquete

it was a very serious question.

I picked up a jar of pickled onions from Foodland and I thought "wa-hey time for a ploughman's" - i arranged the ham, onion, crackers, cheese, BEETROOT (you forgot that) and the spring onions - but something was missing. It was without doubt the Branston pickle.

Oh and I had a nice can of Tetley's Bitter to go with it, which someone brought me from the offy back home.

This should not be in the food section...rather, it should be in the Health section entitled "Nausea Caused By Disgusting Food Combos"

You guys are just jealous because the French can cook......

OK Roger

How about we trade?

I've got about 3kgs of Alaskan smoked salmon.

Now I know it pales in comparison to the decent Scottish stuff but surely it's worth a quarter of that jar.

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

OK Roger

How about we trade?

I've got about 3kgs of Alaskan smoked salmon.

Now I know it pales in comparison to the decent Scottish stuff but surely it's worth a quarter of that jar.

Phill ya aint nver had real alaska smoked salmon in yer life.........

Believe me Wild. I was in the high-class catering business for several years, and for the people who know their smoked salmon - only Scottish will do!

Archived