shakeup of visa and immigration rules

Old Hippie

Cavanami' date=' as I said before, the rules vary bank to bank, forget what the web site says, try Bangkok Bank Soi 8, on memory the USA$ accounts opened 1st floor (ie above ground floor) on the left hand side, been a long time since i was there[/quote']

Made a run to Bangkok Bank, Soi 8 and got the following;

1. must go to the main bank on Silom Road

2. must have a Thai Baht account with them for six month and then maybe I can get a US dollar account setup.

I will make a run to the main bank on Silom tomorrow and see what they have to say.

TIT. More as it happens!

Back from Silom Road, Bangkok Bank.

In summary, what a turn-off, crap bank!

1. have to get a letter of recommendation from my bank abroad or from my embassy...guess my money isn't good enough and has to be recommended?

2. no internet banking for a USD (foreign currency) account...1860 banking practices?

3. fees, fees and more fees! I'm surprised that they didn't charge admission to get into the bank.

4. All transactions must take place at the Silom Road main bank...WTF, can't their other branches do transactions?

SWIFT deposit/withdraw: 0.25%

$5000 USD min. deposit

1% fee for USD notes, 2% for other currencies.

The lack of internet access is the deal breaker!

They had the papers all printed up at the bank with all this info, exactly what they said at the branch at 83 (or so) Suk.

Bummer!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived