Thai Whiskey

Jap 12,

I think you might find this pink liquor came out of a screw top bottle. It's called lao deng or red liquor and is a colored version of loa khao the white lightning of Thailand.

It's basically really cheap rice whisky. Excellent if you want a monumental hangover.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Brink15:

Jap 12,

I think you might find this pink liquor came out of a screw top bottle. It's called lao deng or red liquor and is a colored version of loa khao the white lightning of Thailand.

It's basically really cheap rice whisky. Excellent if you want a monumental hangover.

I must have some!

Iused to drink Sangtip and for quite a while, used to drink Singha. I now can;t stomach either. A friend said I was kidding myself so we did the "blindfold - tell me which is singha test" and voila, got it first time! I reckon that if I was back in NZ, I'd probably drink etiehr Singha or a Thai whisky to remind me of Thailand but here in country, I drink the imported stuff - go figure...

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

Iused to drink Sangtip and for quite a while, used to drink Singha. I now can;t stomach either. .... I reckon that if I was back in NZ, I'd probably drink etiehr Singha or a Thai whisky to remind me of Thailand but here in country, I drink the imported stuff - go figure...

Hey Stick how does NZ beer compare to OZ beer, which I do not like...even thogh all we get her is Fosters.....

Wild

Fosters an Ausie Beer ?

By name only. I live in what you might call Wild Australia and no one drinks Fosters its almost a boutique beer these days.

BTW Mekong is my favorite Thai Whiskey.

Talking about Lao Khaow has anyone ever seen those little Lao Khaow shot booths in the markets up country where a little old lady shuffles up and is given a shot of fire water for a couple of Baht.

Best Thai whisky by far is TUMBLER. You won't find it in the bars or Seven Elevens, but the dept stores carry it. It's actually a bit cheaper than Mekhong and leaves no yucky after taste in your mouth, as do many Thai "whiskies". Tumbler actually tastes something like a cheap Scotch.

The REAL lao khao (white lightning) is great stuff. But the government is trying to force the moonshiners out of business, whilst serving the public some commercially made crap that pretends to be lao khao. Instead of supporting the moonshiners to become a genuine whisky industry, the sh*theads that be are trying to force them out of business and to kill the centuries old "cottage industry".

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: Flashermac ]

Posted by WA, (wild, horny Etc Etc)

Hey Stick how does NZ beer compare to OZ beer, which I do not like...even thogh all we get her is Fosters.....

WA, As you know Stick is a busy man these days, with full time employment, his world famous column, negotiations with Rupert Murdoch over world wide rights to same etc I am taking the liberty of replying on his behalf.

Well qualified I might say having imbibed vast quantities of both. Now what the hell was your question?

Ah fuck it !! I will have another Amstel.

To Wild A (hot & horny, salmon fucker etc)

No ! WA I am not a big fan of Aussie beer in general but having said that the BEST beer in the world is produced by Cascade, being a brewery in Tasmania, while Tasmanians occupy themselves by fucking their sisters all can be forgiven because they brew dammed good beer.

Archived