Restaurant tips in NEP area, pretty please.

vtombrown said

quote:

Thanks, Arai Wa. Though, I must say that I take your advice with a bit of caution, given the tag line that you hang from the bottom of your posts!

I've changed my sig now Vtom....but it may still fail to inspire confidence in any advice I might post!

Cheers

Arai wa

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try the Tom Yam at "Oasis" its in the middle of the square of shops and bars at the top of Soi 10.

There is always the 24hour Business Inn restaurant on Soi 11/1 (not sure of that..same Soi as Mrs Balbirs) not bad food...better late night alternative to Foodland IMO.

Cheers

Roger

You guys are going to get me fat, and then the girls are going to refuse to sleep with me, for Pete's sake.

Nice new sig Arai Wa. You got style. Even if I don't quite literally catch the reference, I like it, anyway.

Bye smile.gif" border="0

Chanchoa,

You are right, there is not much in the way of good Thai restaurants available around Soi 4. I ahve always asssumed its because its a tourist area and tourists in the main prefer the cabbages and condoms (Western Thai) type of food.

There is a small and good Restaurant up the soi opposite soi Zero (Soi 1??) the one that runs up near the rail way and goes to the Hospital. Good food and cheap, although living in Thonglor I ma spoilt for choice so don't go there much. My all time favovorite tho' is Raan Derm in Soi 22, nice people, always good food and well priced. Some one mentioned it and its a bit more upmarket (full of Thai yuppies) is Lot 24 in Soi 24, good food , well priced.

• 2 weeks later...

DB_sez_aloha (hope I got that right),

The place on Soi 5 above Foodland has a forgettable name: "Thai House Two." Very convenient, and nice and clean, in case others wanted more info.

Sanuk Dee and bibblies,

Thanks for the lead on Suda (Soi14)!!! My meal was fantastic. I went for the ol' stand-by's: pad thai, tom yum, and chicken in red curry. Right on. Cute and friendly neighborhood place. Wish it was airconditioned, though. I hope others check this out.

Raam Derm Baan on Soi 22 that bibblies and FastB*stard recommended also was pretty good. Beautiful wood interior, too. Wish it wasn't such a long walk from the action.

Has anyone else enjoyed the female scenery at "Kalpapruek" and "Greyhound" on the 2nd and 3rd floors above the main front door to Emporium by Phrom Phong station? These two restaurants serve hoidy-doidy Euro-California-Thai fusion foods which appearently appeal to rich, beautiful white-skinned Chinese-Thai ladies, who are quite tastefully dressed, needless to say. Bon apetit! wink.gif" border="0

PS-- bibblies: would you please log off the nanaplaza.com web page, before logging off the computers at Coffee World. You are tempting me to make a bunch of fake postings under your name--such as lavishing endorsements of Bernard Trink, or some crapola. tongue.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

PS-- bibblies: would you please log off the nanaplaza.com web page, before logging off the computers at Coffee World. You are tempting me to make a bunch of fake postings under your name--such as lavishing endorsements of Bernard Trink, or some crapola.
tongue.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Hehehe...reminds me of my last trip to Pattaya (September). Almost everytime I used the computer at the Penthouse Hotel, I would notice that someone else had gotten to the old Delphi forum before me! I was tempted to ask some embarrasing Katoey questions under his name, but decided against it! Forget who it was, but just goes to show you how small the world really is I guess! smile.gif" border="0

-=/NN

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Neon Ninja ]

Archived