Best hotel-buffet sukhumvit area?

Graham Cracker sais:

quote:

I did try the Mexican at the Rembrandt as as a native Californian I'd have to say its the worst Mexican food I've had in years.

Try the Mexican buffet at Bourbon St restaurant in Washington Square on Tuesday night. My friend says it's the best in town but I thought it was only OK. But then I spent a couple of years in S Texas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My current favourite is the Siam City Hotel on Sri Ayuttaya, just near to Phayathai skytrain station. Because it is a few minutes away from Sukhumvit it is very quiet, even on a Sunday lunchtime and the spread, though not as extensive as the Marriott or the Delta Grand, is of really good quality. Lots of Sushi and seafood, some great Thai food and the usual assortment of international stuff - desserts are especially good. For a big hotel it is very cheap, under B500 NET, and, what really sells it for me is that they not only provide entertainment for the kids with their clowns and Arts and Crafts corner, they do not charge for all the food and drink they scoff either, even though the ads say that my 8 year old should be paying half price. Thus, my little family of 4 get to pig out bigtime for under B1000 all in!

LG

Long Gun:

thanks for the info about Siam City Hotel , real close. I'ts on my todo list.

also, the brizillian buffett at the asia hotel is a real "lazy mans" feed.

they bring the treats to you and slice off a "hunk" as you want it.

The best buffet I experienced was on the 78th floor of the Baiyoke Tower. I took my new best friend on our second night togeter. The cost was only 420 baht each, and the price included the trip to the outside revolving deck on the 84th floor. The buffet had a different section of food from several countries of Southeast Asia. The photo op and view was great. They say it is the talllest building in the kingdom.

LeoTex

Archived