Best hotel-buffet sukhumvit area?

Vtombrown: I missed the Indian food at the Rembrandt, my wife is from Thailand and for some reason she says she can't eat it. I did try the Mexican at the Rembrandt as as a native Californian I'd have to say its the worst Mexican food I've had in years.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinner buffet at the Interconti (Siam square), best value, around 450 baht, Excellent also at Century Park on Ratchaprarop (upper Pratunam), 430 baht, Novotel Siam Square around the swimming pool, thu, fri and sat, alsp around 45 baht.

Would also recoomend Seafood Market on Suk just before Asok, right side out-of-town (not a buffet)

• 1 month later...

Bey, I've had Indian food in America and England. (never in India). For a hotel, the Indian food at Rembrandt's buffet can hold its own, IMHO. Also note that they have lots of repeat customers. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by luckyfarang:

buffets... for lunch .

I dont think it is the best buffet but one of the cheapest for what they offer:

The Ariston Hotel (I think it is primarily a Japanese tourist hotel) is about 150 meters down Soi 24 from Suk. and offers a 109 baht++ lunch buffet. Water is free (!), soft drinks are 19 baht and beers are about 60 baht if I recall correctly. They have Japanese Sushi, western and Thai food plus noodles, desert, soup, salad, coffee and tea etc. I think you really get your bahts worth here.

Also over on Soi Lang Suan (#43) at "Number 43" restaurant in the Cape House serviced apts off Ploentchit (200 meters from Ploenchit BTS station and just down from Suk.) is a great Italian Buffet for 200++ baht at lunch. They offer some Thai food, pizza, western foods cooked Italian style,, salads, excellent deserts including cakes, homemade ice cream, etc. Great food and a pleasant atmosphere. The buffet lunch is cheaper than most of the ala carte items.

smile.gif" border="0

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: gene1944 ]

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: gene1944 ]

You could try the Visailles, lower floor of Ploenchit center, Soi 2 and Suk. I was there in May, 90baht for luch, and 350 for dinner if I remember right. Dinner is a good seafood selection, cooked to order. Friendly staff as well. On the top floor is the food court, you can eat a lot for a little!

Archived