damaged passport

Dexi

Anyone know how badly a passport can be damaged before its not acceptable ?The reason I ask is ( I know this sounds bizarre )my shiny new passport has been chewed by some sort of rodent(I presume .whilst hidden in my room.Luckily most of the pages are ok as is the page with the photo and the info on it,also the visa and entry stamp is ok,its just the front cover that looks bad.its all stuck back together with clear tape now....will immigration frown when I present this for my extension stamp...?

USA passport ?

I got in before the 9-11 bullshit with a photocopy of mine ,

also had the picture 50% pulled off and got thru many times ,

the clear tape did you more harm than good , but if its a machine readable one and that part is OK then you can probably get in,

make a full copy of any contents you want for later, when its damaged like that they may take it on the spot,

When I got my picture damaged one renewed at the LA, Calif office they took it and would not givve it back ,

I had to beg them for a photocopy of the first page so I would have the passport number , but I lost all the time/dates from all my past trips....

OHHH and since I could not use my old passport to get my new one I had to start from scratch and send in a copy of my birth certificate !

OHH fun, and this was before 9-11

OC

• 1 month later...

I was once muggued in Caracas and had my US Passport, all ID and most money stolen. Eventually I printed my online bank account info on the internet as some ID. Together with an interview at the Consulate, I was able to get a one time use passport for return to US.

As a precaution. I have since scanned a copy of my passport and keep it in my "draft" messages on my Hotmail account. Now, I can always print out a copy of my pasport in case of emergency no matter where I am.

Went to jomtien immig. office a few days ago and was told they would not accept the damaged passport,so I had to make a trip to the embassy and order a new one...6,900 bt, no joke :down::shakehead:shakehead and a 2 week wait which will put me in overstay territory,also I have yet to find out if they will replace the double entry TR. from the old passport...by the way,I have to praise the service given by the consular section at the British Embassy,efficient ,speedy polite and friendly...something quite rare in these parts

Archived