Looking for Good Seafood at Reasonable $

Pianoman

Love Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, etc.. Have been to the Seafood Market on Soi 24 many times, but find the price too limiting when taking a party of 6 or 8... Can anyone recommend a nice place with good seafood that is a little more reasonable cost wise???

Thanks,

Pianoman

I know a great place on the river called

"Bahn Klang Naam", its really difficult to find but the seafood and service are excellent. I will try to dig out the name card tomorrow and will post more details, it's down near the big suspension bridge.Know what you mean about the seafood market...great food, but bloody pricey!!

Roger

I've posted this place before but will again:

Yok Yor Marina

also on the Chao Phyra river. Excellent food. Reasonable prices. Nary a farang in site. They even have a little cruise you can take your meal on (probably a surcharge) and a Thai-themed show to keep the guests entertained.

I think they've actually got a couple of locations on the river but I'm not sure about that.

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

See Fatbastard33's July 10 thread on river restaurants. It gives the address and info on your restaurant.

Thanks for that, save me digging the card out. We always make reservations, but i highly recommend going at about 4pm on a Sunday and sitting next to the river, hardly any people at that time, and 2-3 hours later when we are leaving it is starting to get really busy.

Cheers

Roger

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

Thanks for the input and information... It sounds like Ban-Klang-Nam will be getting a visit in Sept... And Thanks for the Heads-Up about the reservations... I hate waiting more than 20 minutes for anything... I know, why do I love Thailand so much?????

Pianoman

Pianoman,

When a dude with a name like Lamock Chokaprret recommends a restaurant, you may also want to try it, if you can. (refer to post, two above)

laugh.gif" border="0

Hope you have a wonderful stay...and, we all know you will!!!!

I tried Ban klang Nam last night with the GF.

Thought it was OK but nothing very special, but would go again

Taxi fare from Sukhumvit was Bt 90. No traffic so worthwhile -- very quick.

So quick thayt the GF thought the taxi driver on the way there had played with the meter, but it was the same price on the way home.

Do take Roger's advice and book a table if you are going to go at normal meal times.

We did and were glad.Place was packed at 8pm and it is large.

Nice table by the river

nice breeze. Good friendly service.

Bill Bt 750 inc service and drinks plenty of food left over. The GF thought it was going to cost about Bt 2000 - Bt 2500.

Perhaps we just have cheap tastes

O fuck me, memories of the plates of seafood served on the beach under an umbrella in Songkhla, 650 baht for three people including drinks, damn, Im gonna defrost me a hunk of last weeks frsh caught halibut right now and make me a curry, enough of the jap girls I gotta go back argggggggg.......

Archived