taxi

allatsea2000

Not an answer, but a different question (didn't want to start a new thread).

I'm arriving in BKK with 70 kgs of luggage, mainly equipment for my company's office in BKK. The company will pay for a "limo" (a Mercedes sedan), the ones that used to cost 700B at Don Muang (cost isn't a big factor, but arranging for hotel pickup is too big a hassle, never know if you're going to meet the driver or not).

At DM, there were several stands right outside the customs' area where you paid the fee for the "limo." Is it a similar arrangement for the "limos" at the new airport? I have too much luggage and the company is footing the bill anyway to bother with metered taxis. I don't want to deal with a tout, I need a legit receipt.

Evel

:devil:

Not an answer, but a different question (didn't want to start a new thread).

I'm arriving in BKK with 70 kgs of luggage, mainly equipment for my company's office in BKK. The company will pay for a "limo" (a Mercedes sedan), the ones that used to cost 700B at Don Muang (cost isn't a big factor, but arranging for hotel pickup is too big a hassle, never know if you're going to meet the driver or not).

At DM, there were several stands right outside the customs' area where you paid the fee for the "limo." Is it a similar arrangement for the "limos" at the new airport? I have too much luggage and the company is footing the bill anyway to bother with metered taxis. I don't want to deal with a tout, I need a legit receipt.

Evel

The easiest way (since price is no object) is to arrange for the hotel to pick you up. It will be costly (but who cares)! but they will make sure you get back to the hotel ASAP. They will likely be standing there with a sign with your name on it. Very nice.

My Evil brother....I transited the new airport about a week ago....coming in off the TG flight from the PI was smooth as silk. Until I got to the limousine area.

As the link above indicates, AOT is handling the concession now. There are some very nice folks running the counter. But as of a week ago, you had to pay cash. Around 1200 THB, depending on where you are heading. No credit cards. A receipt is no problem.

I raised a little hell about the requirement for cash, but it was explained to me that AOT still did not have phone lines running to the counters. So no credit card machines as of a week ago.

They did give me a gorgeous new BMW, and a very competent driver.

I arrived at the new airport late in the evening on Oct. 27. Here's the minute-by-minute breakdown.

23.45 - De-planed (flight from HK exactly on time)

23.57 - Cleared Immigration (only two people had been in front of me in the queue)

00.10 - Collected the second of my two checked bags (that surprised me a bit, very quick, no problems at all)

00.13 - Ordered "limo" (actually a Toyota Camry) at the AOT counter. An idiot farang who was arguing about the price delayed things a bit. He even started arguing with me because I paid 900 baht without protest. I told him I would pay 2,000 if it meant I could avoid fools like him. He didn't consider my answer to be humorous.

00.35 - "Limo" departs airport.

01.10 - Arrive at my hotel. No traffic until the lower Suk.

In short, zero problems. I can't blame the airport for an ill-behaved farang who didn't understand the difference between a metered taxi and an airport "limo."

Evil

00.13 - Ordered "limo" (actually a Toyota Camry) at the AOT counter. An idiot farang who was arguing about the price delayed things a bit. He even started arguing with me because I paid 900 baht without protest. I told him I would pay 2,000 if it meant I could avoid fools like him. He didn't consider my answer to be humorous.

Evil

:bow: I find that very humorous, in line with sarcasm I am likely to come out with

I've taken two Limos (Again Camrys) from the new airport so far when collecting work mates.

Once 700 - Fortune and 800 to Landmark.

They seem to be the same people who used to stand at the passanger arrival area. Good cars

However they where not at the new airport in the first week that I could see :(

The Thai Airways mercs where a lot more $. Seems to be 2 companies, one a LOT cheaper, but longer wait, I think they cant park at the airport but drive in - so takes abut 5 minutes unlike before wlak out and there it was.

DOG

Archived