Government Targets American Bloggers As Enemy Propagandists

Fidel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I heard the story of why the 6 PM closings, but that didn't help me and many others that had to work late and suffered because everything was closed.

Then again, why can the small shops survive in Holland but not in Germany without the gov protection?

The point is, every gov can be improved.

The biggest threat is the government's plans to go into league with the cable and telephone companies and end net neutrality. Charging different rates for different people and entities and stifling the voice of the people.

The main problem is we as a people not making enough of a stink about it. The average person is concerned with 'kitchen table' issues like employment, taxes, school, etc. Which is good but a good percentage of the voting public are either unaware or too caught up in their lives to be concerned about America's place in the world. Some of us are asking millions of Americans in Iowa, Oklahoma, Utah, Minnesota, etc. who don't own a passport and by and large haven't traveled much from their own cities and states to be knowledgeable enough to select candidates who have unique ideas on opinions about countries and peoples most couldn't find on a map.

Its not just America. I'm sure there are villagers in the middle of Lancashire and Yorkshire in England who are just as ignorant as well as townsfolk in some Bavarian village who are just as unaware of Germany's importance as well.

"...The main problem is we as a people not making enough of a stink about it. The average person is concerned with 'kitchen table' issues like employment, taxes, school, etc. Which is good but a good percentage of the voting public are either unaware or too caught up in their lives to be concerned about America's place in the world...."

I agree we are not making enough of a stink about it all, including me, and I often go and make a stink at rallies, protests etc...

I will disagree, that people are concerned with the "Kitchen table issues." Too many people vote more on images, or a single issue such as gun control or abortion rather than issues that actually effect them, such as pension protections, health care, foregin policies that may send their kids off to war based on lies...etc...

Might disagree that Americans are too caught up in their own lives to be concerned about the world. Most are just distracted by work, family, and other distractions such as sports, or other entertainment...and most already have a preconceived notion about things, that no amount of information or facts can change. Sad I think.

Archived