how is the night life in phuket

theshaw66

This weekend a Finnish nightclub baron is opening a new place in Bangla road called Seduction. According to him it should be the most upmarket club in whole Thailand. Interesting to see how it works as he's known of hitting the jackpot where ever he opens a new club.

What would be a better time to go to Phuket, over Christmas break/New Years or say in early March?

I doubt this would be an issue but would a single young guy get bored there if I came alone? I think with all the activities to do there and the girls you would never be alone or bored there.

Dubbs

• 3 weeks later...

Samak is getting a little carried away here. I did a lot of research over the xmas & new year in Phuket, this is the super peak season and prices are about double low season. for example

Yorkshire Inn low 900 peak 1600 superpeak 2000

Neptuna Hotel low 1350 peak 1800 superpeak 2000. the main thig I found that most of the low end hotels were booked out, it took me ages to find a room that was both GF and available

is the Neptuna Hotel ok.....and are the bathrooms nice?

( used to be our favorite)

but

last time we stayed at neptuna it suckd, under new managment

( chinese so the staff said). air cond did not work, pool was a mess. started charging a per minute fee to use the phone ( was free b4) we changed after 2 days as things did not get better.

we stayed at the sand inn last few times. good value for he money.

Samak is getting a little carried away here. I did a lot of research over the xmas & new year in Phuket, this is the super peak season and prices are about double low season.

dawkin

you are right for those low end hotels. however middle to high end are much more than double. check the prices for example at our sponsor Tim (Thaihoteldiscounts); and he has very competitive prices!

Can confirm that Phuket is back from the tsunami and better than ever. In fact, I think the overall quality and quantity of girls is better now than I've ever seen.

Unfortunately the prices are also going up. Tuk tuk pirates now will ask for 300 baht for a trip between Patong and Karon, though most will settle for 250 (200 if you are lucky). Hotel prices are on the rise too. These trends will probably continue, as more and more upscale hotels and developments are coming to Phuket.

Archived