Where to stay in Phuket???

jcg59

I am a single guy (straight) looking to stay in a high end hotel/aprt/bungelow close to bars/ nightlife/BG friendly and on or near the beach. Dec 5- 15.

I am willing to spend 100- 150 a night. I do not want a huge touristy complex though. I do want a nice pool fitness room and the beach!!!!

Also, I thought about renting a Motorcycle/scooter for the week...pros, cons?

Thanks

Patong is only place with decent nightlife.

there are many suggestions re accommodations in the accommodation section.

personally i recommend Thara Patong (currently questionable whether guest friendly), Salathai, Safari, Tropicana Bungalow, Patong Bay Garden, Patong Villa. with the exception of the last one all are a bit more upmarket, but still guest friendly

the top ones like Cabana, Novotel, Andaman etc. are all not guest friendly.

rent motorcycle: be aware that every year dozens of tourist die in motorcycle accidents on Phuket

And the police will stop you there a lot! If you don't have your license with you or aren't wearing a helmet, they will fine you. Legitimately or otherwise..........

Ban Thai. I liked this place when I stayed there in July. $75 to $150 was what I paid per night. I had no advance reservations, so I got bumped around to different rooms a lot. At least I got to experience the full range of rooms. But I have no complaints about the place, whatsoever.

A few blocks from Soi Bangla and the nightlife. A tuk-tuk might be in order for the trip home, depending upon the height of your date's heels.

Definitely guest friendly, but if you arrive back late at night security will likely ask for your tilac's ID card.

There's a decent pub out front on Beach Road called Molly Malone's, if you want to watch some sports or just chill.

I would just recommend that you book by phone rather than the internet. Making last minute reservations on their website caused me my problems (it's basically an email deal).

Link to Ban Thai

PS. I have no affiliation with this place.

I just noticed that their room rates on the website have increased since I was there, but that was low season. A friend who is staying there just called me, and it was refreshing to hear the Soi Bangla girls' voices in the background but, of course, we got disconnected before I could ask him about the hotel rates.

You'll want to stay in the Patong Beach area. I hope your talking about US $100-150 per night and not baht :smirk:

The Thara is a nice place, close to the beach, nice pool but you will want to shoot them an email to confirm they have eliminated their joiner fee policy.

They didnâ??t have a joiner fee originally but the group that took over the hotel after the Tsunami instituted a joiner fee :nono:

After many complaints, I heard they reversed their decision but you'll want to confirm before booking.

Archived