LCD monitor and PC speakers in BKK.

Oscar

Can someone give me some advice or recomendations on these two?. Not being computer savy, I am coming up to BKK tonight for the weekend from Pattaya, and am looking to buy a 17inch LCD, and a speaker system for my home PC. Have never been to Panthip Plaza, but have been told this is the place to look. What I am hoping to find out in advance is roughly how much should I expect to pay, and which brands or models would be considered reliable. I dont mind paying a little extra for quality. Also I use mp3 for sounds at home, and believe you can buy some nice speaker systems (once again, anyone know a good brand or model?) that plug straight into your pc, with a subwoofer etc. Another option I had put to me was to buy a "midi system" and plug the pc into the aux input. The problem here is I dont see much sense in this, as I could just play cd's on my pc anyway, and dont listen to the local radio stations. Any help greatly appreciated.

Oscar.

• 3 weeks later...

> and am looking to buy a 17inch LCD

Good luck... I just went to Panthip Plaza today and LCD monitors are very hard to find there. 17" models are around 75000 baht and 18" models are 100000 baht. 15" models are a little more reasonable at around 30000 baht. These prices are for brand names like Philips, LG Electronics, etc.

JGA

Archived