Thailand themed fiction writing contest- 3 prizes

Central Scrutinizer

All,

For those of you with a talent for writing you might want to consider writing up and sending in an entry for this writing contest. The prizes (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes) include a free stay for 2 at Mom Tri's Boathouse, free dinner and wine, and more. Mom Tri's is a beautiful hotel on the beach in Phuket. Jake Needham will be judging the entries. Here's the url for the full contest info and rules: http://www.boathousephuket.com/short_fiction_contest.htm

----------------------------

The contest is open to all.

Following words must appear in the story:

â??Mom Triâ??s Boathouseâ?Â, â??Platoâ? and â??Champagneâ?Â.

Number of words: between 1,000 and 1,500 words.

Spelling: English (UK).

Writings must be original and should not have been published before.

Entry to be submitted by e-mail pr@boathousephuket.com to include your name, address and telephone number.

Entries will receive a confirmation upon receipt.

Deadline: Monday 11 December 2006.

Mr. Jake Needham, writer of Killing Plato, will judge the entries.

All entries will remain property of Mom Triâ??s Boathouse.

Winners will be announced around 18 December in the Boathouse.

First Prize: Stay at Mom Triâ??s Boathouse (4D/3N) with ABF. One dinner for two plus one bottle of wine. One copy of Killing Plato by Jake Needham. One spa treatment for two at Mom Triâ??s Spa Royale at Mom Triâ??s Villa Royale.

Second Prize: Stay at Mom Triâ??s Boathouse (3D/2N) with ABF. One dinner for two plus one bottle of wine. One copy of Killing Plato by Jake Needham. One spa treatment for two at Mom Triâ??s Spa Royale at Mom Triâ??s Villa Royale.

Third Prize: Stay at Mom Triâ??s Boathouse (2D/1N) with ABF. One dinner for two plus one bottle of wine. One copy of Killing Plato by Jake Needham. One spa treatment for two at Mom Triâ??s Spa Royale at Mom Triâ??s Villa Royale.

Winners are required to make room reservations in advance, accommodation/spa vouchers will be valid until 31 October 2007- peak season excluded - and pending availability of rooms.

Winning entries will be published in the Phuket Magazine.

Winning entries will be posted on www.boathousephuket.com.

Cent

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd think they mean anywhere, but possibly not. Why? You mave a story about Mom Tri's Boathouse mentioning Champagne and Plato somewhere out there on the net? :) Come on ya lazy bugger! Write it from scratch! :D Only 1,000 to 1,500 words. :smirk:

Cent

p.s. Maybe I can add some dialogue to one of my stories where I just tell my wife I am entering a writing contest where I can throw in the key words and have done with it? :) Nah, too much editing. I don't have any that short I think. :o

Archived