Sihounikville

Steve

I have been there a couple of times and really like the place. It's been allmost two years since last trip but from what I have read on other forums it haven't changed mutch. It's a quiet place and it's not hard to find cheap hotels.

There are not any nightlife like in Bangkok but there are some bars and resturants and all the motodrives know where to take you if you want to taste som viet or cambodian girl.

You can rent motorbikes (I paid 3usd a day) and go to beches with loads of people or where you'll be more or less alone if that's what you are looking for. All within 5 min. driving.

You can buy happy-pizza's everywhere and if you want somthing to smoke you don't have to worry as much as in Thailand. Allthough you should never let your gard all the way down. Don't do anything stupid (just like in Thailand). It's a small place and if you walk around with all your gold and showing of your money you'll probably won't last very long.

Cambodia is a poor country and yes you will se people with missing legs, arms, beggars, tousands of kids asking for money etc. If you don't see them just try to give one dollar to one of the beggars and you will be sorrounded within seconds.

Anyway..I really recommend the place. Everytime I am there I think this is what Thailand must have been like 25 years ago..No 7/11, no McDonald but stil no problems to find good food. Thailand seem to have the best food though.

...Oh!! I allmost forgot. The cambodian girls are probably the most butifull in all of asia!! ..Shit I should not have started writing this. I miss it so much now.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been going to Cambo for 6-years. Yes, it's 'third world' but the Khmer people...in the villages outside of the larger cities... are the most genuine I've ever met. Unlike the Thai's they don't all have their hands out to the farang ('barang' in Cambo). Of course, like any larger city anywhere, PPenh, etc. is laden with scammers, unscrupulous moto dops, etc.

Sihanoukville is nothing picturesque, but the beaches are far superior, as is the water quality, compared to where I reside in Pattaya. Diving is somewhat better too...Pattaya bay is the most boring place I've ever been diving.

Most of the postings on boards about crime, etc are BS, placed by the one-time visitor who had a negative experience. Like thailand, most crime is locals against locals...except for the foolish tourists who might flaunt money and jewelry. Traffic is dangerous in some cities and outside on the main roads...Khmer drivers are mostly clueless.

Thanks for your info fellas. I have a friend that plans to move to Cambo permanently (or rather for 9 months out of the year, 3 in the states). I'll pass the info on to him.

Totally agree that most crime is local and that is every where in the world...unless you're a soldier in Iraq ( :smirk: )

I have been to Sihanoukville many times and would agree with Spiff and Rookie.

In general, I find the Viet girls more attractive then Khmers and better performers in bed, especially regarding oral activities. However, the most beautiful lady I was with was Khmer and she had excellent oral skills as well.

I was told by a beach hotel owner that a tourist family had $6,000, passports, .. stolen on the beach (obviously foolish to have valuables such as this at the beach). But, regarding camera, money, etc. - there are many small bar/restaurants and if you buy a drink they will be happy to store your belongs behind the bar should you like to go for a swim or whatever.

All in all, a nice place to visit.

• 5 months later...

Snookyville is a beautiful place, at least compared with 99% of the rest of the world. Where else can you relax in a hammock on a beach, gazing at another lovely sunset while enjoying the pleasant effects of another happy pizza or happy shake, knowing that after the sun sets, happy sex is not far away? What is wrong with being happy?

Archived