UK Nokia 8210's for sale

spirit_of_town_hall

LeoTex:

thanks for asking:

it is a Kyocera Iridium Phone.

it is dual use one, it has small phone with gsm system, ( use as regular phone in town) and it fits into a bit larger holder with battery pack and sat interface/antenna.

I got it for future use, but still have to set it up.

From what I have info on, it is about $1.50 usd per minute to use as sat phone.

My main comment to the group was the card programmer that came with it.(they are probably avalable at pantip, but you need to know what to look for)

the box just says gsm card reader.( I can email you a pic of the package if you want to look for one)

I think the same device is used to programme sat receivers cards, and other systems using the same smart chip.

I think they are avalable at low cost, it just takes some " digging" to find one.

I have brought motorola hand phones ( flip phones) to thailand on several trips.

( here they are dirt cheep, about $8 used)

a friend sells them in bkk to ppl that probably clone them with the same info as a ligit phone, so the user can have several phones with the same ##.

( maybe, keeping thai status in mind, I think a lot of thais just carry them for "show"

good luck

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Blackie,

checked in MBK seems like theres diff prices for different NOkia models. Best price I got was 1500 baht. Shop is located on 4th floor but there is no name or signboard. Got his name card...maybe U can give him a call to check the actual location. 01-8217400

I haven't done it so I can't vouch for the quality of work.

Chok Dee Krap

• 2 months later...

Archived