Good dental work in BKK?

follies

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having full upper dental implants at Silom Dental Clinic (www.silomdental.com). It's right off the Sky Train at Chong Nonsi. My oral surgeon teaches at Chula and also works out of some other clinics. He said that Silom had the best facilities. My prosthodontist was trained at Boston University in the U.S. and has done work for the royal family. I would hightly recommend Silom. The staff are terrific.

• 1 month later...

Dr Ladda at the Landmark Hotel near Nana plaza.Her prices are cheaper then Bumrungrad and St Louis.Her work is quite good had root canal work,crown filings and cleaning done for about a fraction of the cost of what I would have had to pay in the States.Plus she is a very nice lady honest and ethical.I once told her what my Dentist in San Francisco had wanted to do and she told me that I didn't needed to have that work done my Teeth were fine.

• 1 month later...
http://www.thantakit.com/main.html

There should be a permanent link to this question. Think I have posted these details about a dozen times.

Seems like Thantakit charges twice the going rate for cleanings and periodontic work. For example, a deep cleaning costs about 1600-2000 quadrant from everywhere else I've looked but costs 4000 per quadrant there. Is it that much better than the others?

You might find this link useful:

http://www.medithai.net/dentists/dentist-bangkok.shtml

I recently went to bankok dental hospital on suk soi 49 but was not impressed. First they recommended a whole heap of work my Dentist at home said was not needed. As I had paid for exam/film etc I thought I'd let them do 'one tooth filling' somehow this turned into four at pay time and cost 7000 baht. Next time wherever I go I will get firm price first.

>bankok dental hospital on suk soi 49<

an often recommended clinic that suggested a plan that according to several clinics could have / would have caused TMJ (jaw joint) problems.

the fountain in their lobby is as serene & beautiful as any i have enjoyed.

the clinic in the 3 story center next to the 7-11 / sidewalk tourist info center @ suk Soi 12 was extremely price effective & actually discouraged the extensive & potentially problematic procedures suggested by soi 49's dental hospital ..

PolyDental Clinic

02 251-8822, 02 254-8860

Dental Hospital, Sukhumvit Soi 49, the best (and almost most expensive) dental care in Thailand

Agree, 100%! This is the best and I am going there since 1997.Lots of foreigners and nice

staff, except for the old dental cleaning lady on the 3rd Floor. She is brutal...