Bali Info Please

adanac

Im headed to Bali in February and was looking at a map. My question is, is there a lot of distance between Seminyak, Kuta, and Nusa Dua ? I was going to stay around Seminyak but noticed I could stay at the Sheraton or Westin in Nusa Dua using air miles. Is this area out of the way and is there any sanuk around Nusa Dua ? or am I better staying in Seminyak, Kuta or somewhere else.

The Westin is a great place if you've got enough miles to spare. The Sheraton is right next door and isnâ??t a bad choice if you want to spend fewer miles.

You have to use a taxi to get around since walking is out of the question but they are cheap and readily available. Actually you'll find a driver and he will want to drive you everywhere during your entire stay.

There is some action in Sanur which is only about a 20 minute drive from Nusa Dua. Of course you'll be able to find girls in Kuta but they will most likely be hardened pros asking outrageous prices. All of the nightlife is in the Kuta area so if you want to be able to walk out your door and go to s restaurant or bar rather than having to jump a taxi, your better off staying in this area.

You are much better off going to Jakarta if you are interested in P4P.

30/45 minutes.

Don't stay in Nusa Dua. It's an unispiring ghetto for rich tourists, not fun AT ALL.

You'd better stay in Kuta or Legian. Seminyak is fine for club hopping but I find the area way too quiet during daytime.

In Kuta the Mercure and the Vira Bali are both good and stylish options, at reasonnable rates. If you want to have a resort atmosphere close from the Kuta's urban action, you could check the Bintang Bali, a nice resort, on a portion of beach (Tuban) with no road to cross to access to the sand.

On Legian beach there's a great choice of nice and expensive hotels, more in the 'Balinese upmarket bungalows' style, like Alam Kul Kul, Mandira, ect ; a cheaper alternative, but offering much less comfort, could be the "Puri Naga", which has a good beachfront location (very very close from Soda Club and Double Six), some nice and simple bungalows and a decent pool : it was one my personnal choice when I went alone to Bali for a break from JKT.

:up:

Hey Prosal Ilived in Nusa Dua for years and it wasn't in a ghetto for tourists :)

There are many quiet residential neighborhoods- I lived in Silighita Attas- Greger beach is in Nusa and has one of the best and biggest right hand surf breaks in Indo ( I was just there two weeks ago) Go to the NUsa Dua Beach Grill and ask for Tim the owner some of th best food on th ebeachin Bali-

Anyhoo for this guys purposes you are right Kuta is better and Kta better still. I never got into P$P in Bali

Jitaganw

You're of course right. The Nusa Dua 's residential neighbourhoods are super place to live, the best in Bali with Seminyak. I described as a 'ghetto' the 5 stars hotels' area.

Anyway, as you say, there's no sense for a guy on a sanuk trip to stay 15 kilometers from the action.

Cool. The Alam Kul Kul has a very stylish balinese atmosphere if my memory serves me.

You don't have to worry about your hotel being 'guest friendly'. It's a concept which simply doesn't exist in Indonesia. I remember some crazy nights of wild drunken parties in JKT when I took back three - and even once four - girls to the Grand Hyatt, the Mulia or wherever whith just conniving smiles from the staff.

Will you go to Jakarta BTW ?

Archived