How much are the newer Apple Ibooks at Pantip?

steffi

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

Does anybody know the pricing of the newer Ibooks from Pantip?

Apple makes money on hardware not software, thats is why they regulate (to death some would say) their distribution channels If you are able find an iBook at Panthip Plaza that is cheaper than the same model in the US, Europe or Japan, would it come with a warranty that would be honoured by a warranty center were you live? Getting Appleto honour a warranty is hard enough as it is, saving a few tens of dollars doesn't seem worth the risk. For what its worth I priced iBooks at Sam * Center in Singapore a month ago and they were about USD30 more expenesive than suggested retail in the States with the exchange rate at SGD1.86:USD1.00.

A week or so ago the legit Mac shop at Pantip was quoting B75,000 for the IBook model with a DVD drive and B89,000 for the model with the CD-RW. Not bad. Pretty much the US price, or even a few dollars less when you take into account the sales tax that would be added on there. The catch was that they only had two units in stock and both were spoken for. More were promised for early August, however.

I will explain why I asked the question.

I left my Tecra 780 DVD laptop with my girlfriend when I left early last year. Since then the hard drive has been replaced and now it'S dead again. This is probably due to the way my GF turns off the machine. ie. unplugs the computer. Plus, this machine doesn'T have a working battery so to cut a long story short I'm thinking it would be better to put money into a new computer rather than keep the older one.

I am currently in Germany and I'd rather just send my GF the money to buy a new one than to have to carry a new machine in via the airport there.

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

Do these Ibooks have non-thai keyboards? and a non-thai version of the OS? I assume there isn't a version of Thai MacOS and that the standard release has the fonts etc.

I may be wrong but I don't thinkk that Apple has produced a Thai localized version since Mac OS 7.6

Archived