Patong for 8 day..too long???

jcg59

My trip will consist of first 3 days in BKK then 3 in Chiang Mai then 8 days in Phuket...I will go back to BKK for 1 day before flying out. Is this a good number of days each? Should I try to work in Pattaya somehow. Am I staying to long in one place and not enough in another???

Depends what you're after - if it's primarily thai girls and the trip to Phuket is so you can pretend you went somewhere 'respectable' on your holiday, then just drop in for a day or two if you have to and spend the rest of the time slithering around on your belly in Pattaya (as I've taken to doing...). If you are actually coming for the beaches and pleasant resorts and fresh fruit and a bit of hill tribe excitement, well then, your schedule sounds fine...

Unless you live in Chiang Mai or have a particular attraction to elephant shows (which is understandable, I love the elephant camps, though I wouldn't go out of my way to see them), there's no reason to go to Chiang Mai these days. What do you really want from your trip? Give a bit of detail, and I'm sure there are people on this board much more experienced than I who can give some advice -

YimSiam

I stayed for 6 weeks in Phuket, i could've stayed a lot longer...i was never bored...take a trip to Phi Phi island, that's one day gone already..there's plenty of others trips to do as well...diving, beach hopping...partying, acquiring company (there are lots to choose from). Oh and working on that tan!

8 days is scratching the surface!

as YimSiam said, it depends what are your preferences. nightlife in Patong is certainly on a lower level than Bangkok or Pattaya and even less in Chiang Mai, but still available.

if you are also coming a bit for culture and beaches, Chiang Mai and Phuket are good bets!

as has been siad,8 Days can be too short to do many things.

many people love Bangkok or Pattaya or phuket etc and all have their views on the places.

the longest time i have ever spent in Patong was 25 Nights(take off 5 Nights on a trip up North)and i was never bored.

Patong is small and easily walked,many Bars to find a regular one.

i had my Daytime Bar to spend the afternoon just chilling out and doing nothing.

4/5 regular Bars at Night and plenty of fun to be had.

many trips to do during the Day and these were welcome to me,good to get away and see the other side of Thailand.

I also could definitely spend 8 (or 80) days in Patong, or Chiang Mai, if I had the time to spare. For me it's more a question of dividing up the limited time available, and that's where prioritizing comes in... Nothing against Patong, I like it down there, refreshing change of pace but still definitely some fun to be had. It's nice to settle in to a couple favourite bars in a smaller place like that, rather than be lost in the madness of Pattaya all the time. That said, these days I usually only have a few days available, and spend them on some concentrated sin in Pattaya and Bangkok...

YimSiam

Sounds like a great plan to me, and I wouldn't change it, though different people like different things. I like BKK and Chiang Mai, but 3 days in either is enough (though I also like to spend 1 or 2 nights there just before returning home). Could easily spend 8 days or more in Phuket.

I live in Chiang mai and its a great place and at the moment there is somthing on at the moment called Royal Flora (Internatinal flower Show).Also the weather is very pleasant during the next couple of months.However i doubt that is what your coming for. As you are coming for only a short period I would cancel the chiang mai part and reduce Bkk by 1 day giving 12 days in Phuket.Have Fun any way

Archived